here we go again // 22

Seeing him for the first time in months wasn't how Darcey had pictured it, as a small part of her was waiting and hoping that he'd turn around and explain it all - that is was somehow some big misunderstanding. And that he had ended things with Sophia and that kiss meant something to him, but those words never came. 

Since getting over the first hurdle of the season, Darcey had hoped she'd feel a lot better about Melbourne. But as she packed her bag that night, the familiar sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach returned. A small part of her regretted how she handled things back in Barcelona, realising that at the end of the day this man could have her fired. Now she had no idea what she could be walking into, but what she did know was that she wanted nothing to do with Sebastian Vettel. 

When people talk about travelling the world being one of the 'perks of the job' they forget to mention the early starts and hectic bus journeys you have to endure. Then as they landed in sunny Australia and now feeling the jetlag set in, they made their way to the hotel. 

"I just want to sleep" Darcey expressed as she lay her head on Brad's shoulders in the back of the van. Regretting staying up late the night before, strolling through Sophia's instagram. Christmas at the Vettel's house was everything she had imaged, from the decorations to his mother's christmas jumper. 

"Ha, you wish Collins" Scotty grinned, turning to face Darcey from the front but catching Kendall's eyes as he momentarily got lost in her eyes. He hadn't spoken to her since leaving Brazil, his attempt to discuss what had happened had fallen flat as Scotty wasn't used to talking about his feelings or anything like that. 

"Don't tell me you forgot!" Kendall snapped her head around "The opening party, you better be coming" Kendall insited trying to avoid eye contact with Scotty at the same time. 

"I'm not going anywhere" Darcey protested, rolling over to hide behind Brad's jacket 

"Oh, you're going, even if I have to drag you there myself" Brad challenged, pushing her away from him. 

"I'd like to see you try" Darcey grumbled sitting up crossing her arms in front of her. 

"Come on, you promised you wouldn't leave me with these idiots anymore" Kendall stated, the look of desperation evident on her face. 

"Hey!" The boys quickly objected, earning a look from the girls before they turned to giggle between themselves. 

"Please, for me?" Kendall pleaded one last time once the laugher died down.

"Fine I'll come, but no shots this time - okay?" Darcey ordered as she pointed her finger at the main culprite in the group. Brad sighed but nodded his head agreeing to the condisions.

As soon as they got to their hotel for the week, they were given their room keys and raced upstairs to get ready for the first night out. 

The season opening party was held at the same rooftop bar as last year, reminding Darcey how much had changed in the last year. Looking around the patio yoy could see that groups had already been formed, Darcey recognised a lot of the faces from around the paddock, a lot more than the last time she had been up here. It was then that she realised how silly she was to assume she'd see Sebastian here, he never showed up last year - much to her dismay. So why would he be here this time around?

Once they grabbed their drinks from the bar, they made their way over to the same table as last year, overlooking the beautiful city like it did before. As they sat around enjoying each others company, Darcey found herself at ease and was feeling postive about the season. But that all changed when she caught sight of Heikki and Sebastian from across the roof.