perfect strangers // 2

The travel team had taken care of everything so far, Darcey was still amazed at how much work really goes into a race weekend. In Red Bull Racing there was a home team and there was an away team. In this you get your garage people and your hospitality people. A small part that she was thankful for as the thought of spending all season with mostly men did stress her out. Darcey was a lads girl - but a girl needs, girl time you know.

They walked into their hotel room and Darcey immediately placing her bag on the desk, falling down on the bed nearest to the door. Kendall walked into the room to find her crashed out on the bed.

"Oh no you don't, we've just got here. You have time to sleep tomorrow, tonight we party" Kendall said pulling her up off the bed pushing her towards the bathroom.

"Now get showered and dressed"

When the girls arrived, Darcey was suddenly very thankful that Kendall had convinced her to wear the short frilly dress she had saved for Monaco. This was a very different scene to the bars she was used to in her home town, then without warning Kendall pulled her arm towards the bar.

"A bottle of pinot please" Kendall smiled at the barman "Oh and two tequila shots" She added quickly not giving Darcey time to protest.

"This is not going to end well" Darcey shook her head as she stared down at her shot glass.

They walked around the terrace searching for a place to sit, Kendall would give the odd wave and nod towards a few people on their way around. This was Kendall's third season in Formula One and listening to the stories she had quite the experience, Darcey made a mental note not to get involved in too much drama this year. Too late for that - she thought as she remembered walking into the main man himself on her first day.

They were enjoying the view as they spoke about their separate days, when they were met with two shot glasses being slammed on the table in front of Darcey.

"Shoooots" Brad shouted in Darcey's left ear causing her to jump out of her causal sitting position and turn round at the clown. The pair had become rather close in the weeks leading up to the weekend, not that she had a choice - he just wouldn't leave her alone.

"I can't decide if you are clinically insane or just incredibly annoying?" Darcey snapped as she turned to slap him on the arm.

"I don't know, probably both" He chuckled as he rubbed his arm as some of the lads Ian, Will and Scotty joined them. Darcey turning her attention back to the second shot glass of the evening.

"Anyway what's going on here?" Darcey pulled a face of horror, she didn't have fond memories of tequila.

"It's tradition - I don't make the rules" Ian grinned

"You've got plenty more where that came from, now everyone drink up" Will cheered as they all met their drinks in the middle for their first night of the season.

As the night progressed, the roof started to fill up with a mixture of teams and garages all catching up with each other. This didn't excuse Darcey from the RB Traditions as they named it. She didn't mind too much, she had plenty of nights like this one with the boys from the garage back home, but she wasn't going to let them know that.

"So what are the drivers like?" Darcey questioned

"Both great drivers, Sebastian just won his second championship" Ian replied with his arms folded leaning back in his chair. "Mark is a talented driver too, don't underestimate him"

"Don't expect to get to close to them though, outside of the garage us and the drivers, we live different lives. I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing, it's just the way it is" Scotty finished for him answering the question Darcey didn't realise she was asking.

"Why who you planning on meeting, it's Jenson isn't it?" Brad grinned as he poked her

"You got me" Darcey laughed taking another sip of her prosecco.

The feelings she woke up with the next morning was less to be desired, but she wasn't going to let it ruin her first day on the track. As she glanced at her phone she saw a couple of missed calls and texts. Suddenly jumping out of bed and heading for the bathroom.

Darcey was due to meet the team downstairs in less than 20 minutes so she thought she better get a move on also unless she wanted to walk to track. Quickly grabbing her Red Bull t-shirt and navy blue trousers and pulling her hair into a low ponytail, she was on her way.

As she headed closer to the garage, she almost forgot about all the nerves she had been holding onto in the weeks before. They started the day with running the system checks on the car ready for tomorrow while also fitting in them all-important practice pit stops.

Then a moment she hadn't experienced before took place, you knew someone was coming by the appearance of cameras and crew members. In walked Sebastian Vettel, with his PA manager Britta following beside him. Neither took notice of the people around the car, as they made their way into the driver's room at the back. It was then that she remembered what the boys had said the night before, they live different lives and in Sebastian's life he probably doesn't even remember meeting her.