i'm so tired...// 13

It had been a long day and it seemed to be catching up to Darcey as she found herself resting her eyes momentarily. The peace was abruptly ended as Sebastian cleared his throat making his presence clear, the startled look apparent on Darcey's face causing Seb to chuckle to himself.

Heikki tended to the injury, but not without the screams and cuss word thrown in there - much to Seb's shock. Darcey looked down examing the steri-strips which helped close the cut on her palm, asking herself how she had let this happen.

"You're lucky you got to me in time" Heikki announced as he finished off the bandage he had wrapped around her hand, while Seb walked over with a glass of water for Darcey.

"Why, would we have had to cut it off?" Seb smirked, causing Heikki to roll his eyes. It seems that it's not just Darcey who finds his jokes cringe-worthy, yet somehow coming from Seb she couldn't help but laugh.

"No, I was about to head to bed for the night" Heikki stated, reminding Darcey how late it must be by now and with that, she quickly stood up - startling both men in the process.

"Shit, of course - thank you and sorry again"

"Don't worry about it" Heikki assured Darcey, giving her a light squeeze as she walked towards the door "Just take it easy" He pressed before Sebastian appeared next to her with his keys in hand.

"I'll give you a lift backSeb insisted following after her

"No it's fine, bet Sophia is wondering where you are by now" Darcey whispered, he hadn't really given Sophia a second thought, instantly kicked himself as he grimaced at the earful he'll probably get from Sophia later.

Darcey left the apartment in a hurry, scolding herself for getting in that position. After she called a taxi to take her back to the hotel, she noticed a missed call from Liam. Without a seconds thought she placed the phone to her ear. He never sleeps anyway she thought as she waited at the entrance of the hotel.

"Too busy partying to answer my calls now?" Liam declared thought the phone, she could imagine him shaking his head in the process.

"No, just too busy for you" Darcey shot back, attempting to seem unbothered and cool - both of which she knew she was not in that moment in time.

"Ouch, that hurt! What you doing up then?" Liam asked thinking it did seem rather quiet through the phone.

"Just waiting for my taxi back to the hotel" Darcey answered

"Not having fun at the party?" Liam teased

"Something like that, but I had to leave early after I cut my hand anyway so"

"Oh, is it okay now?"

"Yeah, it really wasn't that bad - Seb just had me get it cleaned up"

"Right I see" He paused for a moment, thinking carefully about what to say next "That was good of him"

"Liam" She warned

"What I didn't say anything! Just - be careful Darc, I don't want you to get hurt"

Angry at his accusation, she closed her eyes collecting her thoughts before answering him "I'm not going to get hurt, we are just friends"

"I'm only looking out for you"

"I know but you don't have to protect me" She simply stated, before ending the call glad that her taxi had just showed up. Darcey was so ready for bed at this point and to get back to reality.

The conversation with Liam had shaken Darcey up a bit and she struggled to get any sleep that night. The pair grew up together and he had always been like a big brother to her and now that her father was gone, she knows he was only looking out for her.