Chapter 6

"Are you sure about skipping the highlight of the festival?", Sara asked for the fourth time.

Jungkook chuckles at the way she looks so concerned at his decision. He made up his mind to skip the folk-dance ceremony just so that Sara can show him the small lake behind the temple. Yes, it would be a waste to skip the highlight of the event.

But, what a waste of a lovely night not to spend his time with Sara. He needs to use it wisely.

"I am sure", he looks at her, smiling wider this time. "100% sure"

"This is unusual

"This is unusual. Most of them would never miss joining the folk dance. They really look forward to it", she nods in surprise, eyes looking ahead.

"I just want to really enjoy the night. It's such a wonderful night to me", he looks up at the clear sky, admiring the sparkly distant stars that decorates the starry night sky. "The sky is clear too"

"Your luck", she points at the little silk pouch in Jungkook's hand. "This might be it"

They walk slowly side by side, passing by a few others that had the same idea as theirs—ditching the folk dance to take a walk here instead. Sara enjoys the night, especially when it is serene and calm.

In contrast to Erina, she prefers the night rather than the day. Erina loves the bright light and the sun while Sara is the total opposite.

She loves strolling at the beach after work, barefooted as she feels her feet sinking into the soft golden sand. Splashes of water from the waves and the sound of the birds chirping from the distant. She also loves taking a walk here, at the temple. It's her favourite spot whenever she comes to Osaka. In fact, she comes here every night alone.

"You look like you're thinking a lot", Jungkook's soft voice startled her.

She turns to look at him, gasping when his sparkly orbs gazed into her confused ones. The obvious gasped she let out didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook. Sara was caught off guard and both of them know it. Instead of doing the same mistake of staring at him all over again, she quickly shrugs her shoulders and look ahead.

"Nah, I was just thinking about my homework. I didn't do anything yet", she lied, but partially true because she had done nothing over the break.

"You're studying?", he asked, but then he gasped. "I mean, not that I am asking about your persona—"

"Yes, I am"

Her answer made him happy for some reason. Knowing that she decided to give a solid answer instead of dodging the question. It was not his intention to ask at first.

"Me too. I didn't even do any of the summer assignments my professor gave me. Don't want to think about it. It's the summer break", he sighs, kicking a rock to the side with his feet.