Chapter 8

She didn't know how she ended up dragging Yuna all the way to the side, hiding behind the tall shelves of books. In her peripheral vision, she can see Yuna staring at her, a big question mark on her face. But then, she couldn't process the sight she saw a few seconds ago. It feels unreal suddenly.

Did she really see him? Was she just seeing things? Is she imagining things out of nowhere? Is it because she had a weird dream of that cherry haired guy last night?

"Jung Sara", Yuna grabs her wrists, bringing her focus back to her. "What is wrong? Are you okay?"

"Wait"

Slowly she inches to the end of the shelf, peeking behind the line of thick books in front of her. Spotting Namjoon standing at the side of the table, she sees him talking to the black-haired guy with the cap. Namjoon's tall frame is blocking her view making her grumble to herself. She needs to see it again.

She feels Yuna's body leaning close beside her, trying to see what she is seeing.

"Who are we looking at?", she coos lowly.

Instead of answering her, Sara keeps her focus on Namjoon as she hopes for him to finally move aside. And as if he could hear he, he suddenly steps to the side clearing the path for her viewing. There he is, the guy with the black cap. He was laughing about something that Namjoon might have said, his clear big doe eyes gleaming so brightly. Sara remembers his eyes clearly. Those bambi eyes, the little wrinkles at the corner of his eyes whenever he laughs so happily.

That handsome small face with prominent sharp jawline that could cut anyone's heart. How can one forget that unforgettable gorgeous face?

He looks different with black hair and surprisingly his handsomeness has amplified. He looks manlier and definitely neater with that black hair and a black baseball cap on his head. Even his sweatshirt is in the darkest shade of black. And he looks differently great.

"Sara...?", Yuna tugs on her jacket. "What is going on?"

Feeling her chest tight and a gush of panic taking over her senses, Sara had to brace her hand gripping one of the shelves beside her. Her action made Yuna panic, her arms quickly holding her up as her eyes widened.

"Oh my god, are you—should I call Nam—"

"No", she quickly cuts her off. "I am good"

"You don't look good. What is happening?", Yuna scans the surrounding, searching for any possible trigger to her friend's sudden panic attack. "Did you see someone or hear—"

"Remember the beach boy I told you about?"

Yuna squints her eyes as she tries to recall and quickly nods when she did. "The one you met at the beach...during your secret getaway...?"

"He is here"

-

"Wait, you didn't tell me that you guys had a fling!?", Yuna's voice went a pitch higher, carefully placing her coffee back on the table. "He—you—what??"

Sara sighs at herself, regretting for keeping this from Yuna. She told no one where exactly she went during the two-week break. All she wanted is to disappear for a while and enjoy a different life across the ocean. And she thought whatever that had happened in Osaka, will stay in Osaka.

But the universe had a different plan for her.

"Let me get this straight", Yuna shakes her head slightly, sitting up straight.

Sara looks up from her thighs, guilty face as she nods to her friend.

"You flew to Osaka that night, none of us knew. You met this beach boy, or this cherry hair boy. You befriended him. And you had a quick fling. Is that it?"

"It's not a flin—"

"But you both spent days together and you...actually...wow....this is...not you....", Yuna sinks into her seat, looking flabbergasted. "Jung Sara, you became friends with a stranger you met at the beach. In Osaka. You don't even look at your own classmate here"

"You're not helping"

"No—give me some time to process this. I am shocked and well, proud that you stepped out of your comfort zone. But, wait...why are you worried about him being here?"

"Because, it was supposed to be just a summer thing in Osaka. I told him I was a local there. And the only reason I was brave to do everything I did there is because I was sure I will never ever meet him again"

Yuna didn't even blink as she looks at her friend. Thousands of questions in her head. She knows her best friend too well. Sara is not the type to make friends with people so easily, especially men. She dislikes them with her entire heart. Not only men, she doesn't even socialize with her classmates that much. Yuna understands that.

But she couldn't fathom that Sara herself, became friends with this stranger she saw at the beach and end up spending days together. That is not Sara. It's not bad thing, but that's not something Sara would do.

"Sara", she finally found her voice. "You stepped out of your comfort zone because you were far from home, is that it?"

Sara looks at her friend with a blank face, not sure herself.

"And you were sure you were not going to see him again. Is that why you were not scared of being friends with him? The assurance that he knows nothing about you and vice versa. Two strangers far from home, the summer air—is that it?"

"I don't know. I was just—"

"It's not bad thing you know. I am glad that you became friends with a stranger. You're recovering....", her voice trails off, a smile slowly appearing on her face. "Did you have fun there?"

Sara knows, deep down, all Yuna wants is for her to find herself again. Her old self that lived so happily, worriless and so full of life. If there is anyone in this world that would do anything it takes for her to be genuinely happy—it is Yuna.

"I had fun...but...I wasn't expecting this to happen...", she sighs again, head falling to the back as she closed her eyes shut. "Wait, why was he with Joon and Yoongi?"

Gulping inwardly, Yuna pressed her lips as she foresees the reaction of her friend to whatever she is going to tell her.

"What...?", Sara looks at her friend.

"That is JK, or Jeon Jungkook something like that.He asked me to call him JK. An exchange student from the university exchange programs. You know our university has many partners schools all over the country. He is doing his intern here at the Music Production department.  Apparently, Joon and Yoongi knows him for quite some time already. They are friends. And also..."

"Also....?"

"He is a fan of your brother"

~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone! How do you find this book so far? I hope its enjoyable and fun to read despite the..slowwww plot hshshs. But anyway, thank you for reading! Love youuu