chapter 29

Jungkook looks up from his desktop at the sounds of Hoseok's voice. He peeps through the ajar door and sees him walking towards the pantry, phone in between his left ear and his left shoulder, hands holding a very big brown box. His table is quite near to the pantry, thus, frequently he can hear whatever the people hanging in pantry are talking about.

Most of the time he would have his headphones on, but when he is doing some reading for his report, he takes them off.

"Namjoon-ah"

He heard Hoseok said Namjoon's name, making his ears perk up and his eyes lights up.

"Did Sara say anything about Yeonjun? She looks fine since the night at the restaurant. But, I don't know man...I am worried because she has not said anything at all to me"

Jungkook keeps his eyes on the papers on the table, but his entire attention is on Hoseok and his conversation with Namjoon over the phone.

"It has been 2 years—yeah I know—nothing?"

It has been 2 years...of what?

Furrowing his eyebrows, he tries to pick up the details of the conversation without looking obvious that he is eavesdropping. Well, practically, he is seated there so it was not his intention to listen to everything Hoseok is saying.

"Yeonjun didn't contact you right? I hope he does not contact Sara. I am going to really kick his ass if he does that. 2 years has been enough for her to recover. Why bother showing his face now?"

-

Jungkook ends up at the library, not knowing why and how but his mind has been in a mess and he didn't even realize it. All he can think of is everything Hoseok said earlier. Every word ring in his head, distracting him from completing his daily internship report. He could not even get any work done after hearing the conversation.

Who is Yeonjun? What happened 2 years ago? What is Sara recovering from? What did Yeonjun do to Sara? What was their relationship?

Throwing his bag on the chair, yawning as he removes his jacket and hangs in on the chair beside him. He plans to do his report here and complete it before going home. He does not like to delay things and let all the work pile up. He has a daily to-do list and the last thing for today is to complete the report.

But what can he even do when all he can think of is Sara ?

"God damn it, what the hell is wrong with you Jeon Jungkook?", he runs a hand on his face, sighing as he finally calms himself.