Chapter 48

"I am madly in love with you"

The words replay in her head over and over, twisting her insides as she tries to process them. Staring at the ceiling of her dark room in absolute silence, she can almost hear the slow thumps of her heart. Every breathe feels oddly heavy as she remembers what Jungkook said to her earlier. Every time she repeats the words, her heart feels like it is being poked with a needle.

She remembers how he looked at her, the strange warmness he exudes that enveloped  her like a warm summer air. The soft gentle eyes that dive into hers without hesitation as he said those words. The way he was patient with her, never once pushing her into giving any reply and just sat there with her as she processed everything. He was all but pushy, giving her just enough time and space.

As much as she is totally confused with his confession, another part of her couldn't stop smiling—like a fool—to herself as she recalls him smirking whenever he teases her. The mischievous smile on his small lips, the glint of cheekiness in his big eyes and the way he done all of them so smoothly.

Pushing her blanket off her, she sits upright and blows her cheeks. The sudden heat travelling up to her face makes her feel warm, and at this rate, she wouldn't be able to sleep. Not when Jungkook's voice replays in her head, making her smile sheepishly to herself.

"Oh god, I am going crazy", she taps both sides of her cheeks, attempting to cool herself down. "I need some water"

Her phone suddenly buzzes, startling her. She takes her phone and blinks at the sudden brightness, trying to focus on the notification that just came in.

You received a text message from Cherrykoo

Cherrykoo :

You're not asleep, are you? 🤔

Sara :

Are you stalking me

Cherrykoo :

Hahahahahaha

Well if stalking you means I get to see your face for 24 hours a day, I would do that 🤭

Sara :

Jungkook seriously T_T

Cherrykoo :

Did your heart flutter againnnnnn

Sara :

Goodbye

Cherrykoo:

Im sorryyyy, its so fun teasing youuu

Sara :

One day I am going to block you 🗿

Cherrykoo :

Go to sleep. It's very late and it's not good sleeping late everyday

Sara :

I have a lot in my mind. Don't think I can sleep now. Why are you not asleep?

Cherrykoo :

Are you thinking about what I said at the park?

Sara gasped at his reply, her fingers suddenly gripping her phone tighter as if that's the only thing she can hold onto at the moment. But then, as seconds passed by, instead of feeling burdened about his confession, she feels something else instead. Her body feels relaxed and content, her mind is not in a mess as she expected it to.