Chapter 50

"Because I thought I'll never see you again"

Her heart jumped at his straightforward reply, turning to him just to find him already looking at her.

"But I am glad the charm works"

Feelings

She can feel them growing inside, creating a wave of emotions threatening to spill out of her like endless fireworks.

Feelings

Something she knows she can never control, or something so petty she can just ditch them into a box and lock them away. On which she did, for the past two years. She struggled every day, keeping herself sensible as she fought those numbing thoughts. Recalling how useless her feelings were, how they allowed her to become so vulnerable to the person that destroyed her.

Feelings

But right now, the feelings blooming in her heart feels like a soft embrace of morning light, gracing her existence like a warm tight hug. Two years ago, she had been afraid of admitting feelings. She would have run and hide, denying and denying till she worn herself out. She would have locked herself in her room and regretted for feeling.

At this moment, looking at the person that has strangely become her safe haven without her realizing, she feels comfort. A comfort she never knew it existed. A comfort she had never seen coming.

"Sara", he grins softly at her. "You are spacing out"

Shaking her head, she purposely clears her throat and straightens her back

Shaking her head, she purposely clears her throat and straightens her back. "I am not"

"Sara"

"I am no—"

"No", he suddenly moves closer. "Why are you avoiding my eyes most of the time?"

"When did—" she couldn't finish her sentence, too surprised to find Jungkook has moved closer to her. "Why are—"

"Talk to me", he changed his position, facing her completely this time. "You're too stiff around me today. Am I making your uneasy?"

"N-No", she sighs, sounding helpless. "It's just...."

She sighs again, unable to find the right words to say. She's not feeling uncomfortable—not even close. She feels safe, safest she has ever felt when she is with him. The only issue she has right now is she is too nervous to even know what she needs to do on a date.

What do people do on a date? Especially a date like this, by the park, watching the sunset together.

"Jungkook", she forced herself to speak, not wanting him to misunderstand her. "No"