Chapter 36

Sara had to blink twice as she looks at the man standing there, bare chested, his sweatpants hanging low around his incredibly small waist, a shirt over his shoulder and a towel around his neck. She could see droplets of water dripping down his exposed forehead, trailing down to his neck and chest.  The sight makes her tremble at the remembrance of their times back in Osaka.

This feels too similar and it's not doing anything good to her weak heart right now.

But that aside, why is he in Yuna's house so early in the morning?

"Good Morning", he says, voice still raspy. "Didn't know you're here"

Sara had to mentally slapped herself for staring at him, turning around in a swift realizing she spilled some of the milk on the table

Sara had to mentally slapped herself for staring at him, turning around in a swift realizing she spilled some of the milk on the table. Quickly reaching for some tissues, she wipes the table in a hurry, not wanting to spend more time in Yuna's house.

Jungkook's heart sank when Sara didn't even look at him, nor reply him. Truth to be told, his heart skipped a beat when he saw her standing in the kitchen. She looks so small and fragile for some reason, her tired eyes so obvious despite her hair dangling loose at the side of her face. Jungkook doesn't know what to say at that moment, hesitant to act normal around her ever since she started not replying to his texts.

He feels like a stranger once again.

"You're making coffee?", he braved himself, walking towards the kitchen slowly.

Sara gulps at the closeness of his voice, realizing Jungkook has stepped into the kitchen. She wants to leave, not wanting to engage in any possible conversation with him. Not when she is in a state of shock finding him shirtless in her best friend's house. Shirtless. Early in the morning. In her best friend's house.

Suddenly the door to one of the rooms creaks open, and Yuna's housemate, Sunhee, walks out as she rubs her eyes.

"Jungkook, if you want coffee, it's in the—" she halted her steps when she saw Sara looking at him. "Oh hi Sara, good morning", she waves at her, smiling sweetly.

"Good Morning"

"Sara, can you show Jungkook where I put the coffee. I need to pee", Sunhee walked past them, not sensing the tension in the air.

Sara feels herself stiffen at the realization that she is left alone with Jungkook again. The unusual tension between them beginning to make her feel uncomfortable. And the fact that she has not been replying to his texts, ignoring him these few days—too awkward. But even if he asks her about it, she has no answer to that.

"Where is the coffee?"

"Left cabinet, in the brown jar"

Sara reaches for her tumbler, planning to just walk out of the house but then Jungkook suddenly speaks again.