♥08♥ Royal Palace Arc - Michiyo

Yuuki's little scheme to outsmart Prince Yuuga worked so well. Prince Yuuga ended up leaving Yuuei miserably and nor married; the prince probably couldn't believe he got outsmarted in a way there's no rescuing. 

"Hah! You should have seen the look on his face! Pathetic!" Katsuki removed Yuuki's blue wig so now her hair's pure white just like the snow. 

"Finally! The wig was stuffy! My poor ears..." 

"Yuuki, you were so smart! You surprised me!" Eijirou patted her head, feeling very proud of her at the very moment. His heart thumped very fast when the prince from the Western land decided to make an unfair deal to Yuuki! "I would have hit him! You did it better though!" 

"Ehehe~! Wait, I am always smart!" 

"Really now?" Katsuki asked, clearly not believing her. He then noticed Shouto was looking a mixture of concerned and annoyed. "What's the matter with you now?" 

"You three should have told me you've planned to have Yuuki pretend to be Michiyo. For a moment I thought it really was Michiyo..." Shouto was glad nobody noticed, but it was real risky! "Why didn't any of you tell me?!" 

"No time." Katsuki and Eijirou said at the same time. 

"Shouto-sama, we are back!" Tenya made it back. He got on one knee, "Momo is reporting to the King and Queen right now. Also..." He glared at the three because he overheard everything and what had happened so far. "How dare you three...such insolence! Do you know what you three are doing could potentially lead to breaking the relations between countries?!" 

"Oh, so it was better to do as the Western Prince say and let him take away the princess?" Katsuki challenged back. 

"Anything is better than lying! We are an honest kingdom! The last thing we want is for people to think of us as scheming tricksters!" 

"Bah! You're far too up your own ass! This is why you're the first to die within the walls of the Royal Court before a battlefield!" 

"You...!" 

"If it weren't for this idiotic idea, everyone would be laughing at Yuuei giving away their princess to the West! No one would think about the citizens wanting to get rid of the princess in the very first place, everyone would first think about how weak the kingdom of Yuuei have become and how it's so easy to take their things away!" Katsuki's not someone of royalty, but even he could guess what people would think about. Yes, some of the citizens and some people of Yuuei do want to get rid of Michiyo, but if doing so will make themselves look like a laughing stock...will it be worth it? "The citizens and those who wants to get rid of the princess are all idiots. Who the fuck cares about an age old tradition?" 

"Traditions are there for a reason!" Tenya argued, "I won't let you disrespect our traditions that's passed on from our ancestors!" 

"Your ancestors are suggesting it is right to bury a dead man's wife with them! But do tell me this, Mr Knight, how come the man can live if his wife passes away?" The horrific tradition stated male members of the Royal family, the wife needed to follow after their husband...it never mentioned anything about the husband needing to die if the wife end up dying. How was that fair? Where's the justification in that? 

"T-that...!" Tenya never questioned it before. He just thought it's only natural and just since everyone had been practicing it for so long. To be honest, when Touya died, he wished Shouto wouldn't marry Michiyo and break all the rules. He couldn't agree with Shouto, but he will still respect Shouto's wishes. 

"And what if the wife of the dead man never wished for death? I wonder how many of them willingly jump into the grave? How many people committed murder just to bury a dead man's wife?"