♥12♥ Royal Palace Arc - A cunning wolf

"That is quite an accusation you all are claiming right before the Royal Family." Shouto glared at Mirei and the servant who got on the floor. The next thing he knew, all the other servants got down on the floor and exclaimed how they saw Michiyo and Eijirou converse with one another in the middle of the night at Guren Garden. 

"Hmph. It seems like the garden you like so much is used as a place of secret meet ups, Shouto." Enji was clearly displeased to hear about Shouto's wife seeing another man. 

"But Michiyo wasn't seeing anyone in secret. I allow her to speak to anyone when she wants and when she wishes. She is my wife, not just my property." 

"Then why was Michiyo seeing that man on her own without a single servant with her? If she had a servant with her at the time, we will have prove she is not seeing another man behind your back. Shouto-sama, you are too kind to her, you are biased because you are blinded by her. If you continue with this, she will definitely take advantage of your good heart." Mirei said to Shouto with a smirk.

Shouto frowned, "Michiyo is not unfaithful. I believe in her." 

"Shouto..." Michiyo was happy that Shouto's on her side even though everyone else were trying so hard to dig a hole for her to fall into it. Michiyo held Shouto's hand, "Shouto, I can prove I am innocent. Mirei-san, you claim I am pregnant with someone else's child, right?" 

"That is correct. All the other servants can see your bump clear as day, about how you have been feeling sick even in the morning. If this is not signs of pregnancy, I don't know what it is." 

"Yes. I have seen Michiyo-hime show signs of pregnancy." A young servant backed up Mirei and her claims, "I am very certain Michiyo-hime is pregnant and confident the father is definitely that man over there!" The servant pointed a finger of accusation at Eijirou. 

Eijirou looked at the servants, at Mirei, and then at the king and queen. "I am innocent." He then looked at Michiyo and he smiled confidently at her, "I will never do anything to harm Michiyo-hime. If anything, I would protect her." That was his absolute truth.

Shouto closed his eyes once and then he asked Eri to summon a Palace Midwife to conduct an examination. 

"No." Mirei then stood in front of the king, "Your Majesty, I think a midwife you have summoned should conduct the search. That way, there are no biased matter and we can be assured Shouto-sama is not making the results fall in his favor." 

"Hmm...you have a point. Then, I shall have a Midwife who served the Royal Court for over 40 years to conduct the examination. Shouto, you do realize if the results are not in your favor, Michiyo will be punished severely." 

"I am aware." Shouto looked at his father with a serious look in his mismatched eyes, "Father, I want to ask, does this palace allow rumors to slander and knock someone down with evil intent?" 

"Hmph, of course not. The Royal Court and the Palace have strict rules everyone, no matter their status, must abide to." 

"It is clear the accused will be dealt with if they're found guilty...but what about the person who made the false accusations? What about the people who were wrong about the truth and tried to pass their assumptions off as the golden truth? How will the Royal Court deal with these people who attempt to slander an innocent person?" 

Enji looked at the servants who were all on the ground, they're all confident about what they have seen with their own eyes. Enji then looked at Shouto, "They will be forced out of the Royal Palace and return to their homes. If this Royal Court allow slander to pass off as the truth, this will be a laughing stock marked down in the history for the next generation to laugh at. We will uphold the principles of innocent until proven guilty at all costs."