♥28♥ A story rewritten into tragedy

"Us Zodiacs want to rewrite a certain story. It is a story that our God want to end in tragedy." Kiyo said to Momo, who was tied up on a pillar. 

Momo could no longer use her Magic after using her emergency signal. She could only pray someone saw it and come for her rescue. "Michiyo-hime's story..." It started off as a tragic story but over time, the princess' soul was slowly healing and she now have the courage to look forward to tomorrow. Momo never told anyone this but she was happy seeing Michiyo happy because the princess' happiness meant the prince will be happy. Momo wanted to see Prince Shouto happy.

"That's right. God chose her story and only hers. Her story was supposed to go down the path we have decided for her. Yet, someone daringly tried to change the story and steer it another way. That is unforgivable! Anyone who tries to change God's decision to a story will pay for it. I promise it." She then suddenly slithered real quick to Momo's face! Her fingers digging into Momo's face as she spoke in a crazy manner, "The story is changed! God is gone! He is killed by the one trying to change the story! If we're able to change the story, we might be able to bring God back...that's it...hahaha...that's it!" Kiyo slithered away again, muttering to herself some more, "And when God finally comes back, my dearest Chinan will return to me. Yes, God promised me that, hsss...hsss..."

Momo gulped; Kiyo's crazy! She will do anything in the name of her god! "Your god is not a good god if he is calling for the death of someone." 

"What...did you say...?" 

Momo defiantly looked at Kiyo, "I am saying no god in this world would do such a thing to prove a point he is God!" Maybe it's because she's been protecting Shouto her whole life that his ideologies and ideas influenced how she viewed god as a whole. 

Shouto doesn't believe it's even a god to start with. He believed it was a demon pretending they're on the same level as god. If God made this world for humans, why would he in turn purposely take the life of one girl? Fair enough there's such thing as natural disasters but what happened at Meiun Island was not a natural disaster; it was a tragedy caused by the demons in humans through an evil God's influence.

"Your God is just using you demons to write a story!" 

"Shut up! Shut up!" Kiyo wrapped her serpent-like body around Momo's body and the pillar. She was squeezing the life out of Momo! 

Even so, Momo did not stay quiet. Even if her ribs were digging into her organs, she continued to speak the truth, "The only reason you're trying to bring God back is because you are lost without a reason to live! You are nothing without your God! You're just a sad and lonely woman waiting for reason to come to you!" 

"Shut up! What the hell do you know?!" 

"Ah...!" Momo wondered if she really will die here? This will be the place of her death? She did not want to die but it seemed like this was the end of the road for her. She closed her eyes and she waited for her organs to be crushed by the Snake Zodiac. 'I'm sorry, Prince Shouto. I can no longer serve by your side. I promised to be by your side with Tenya-san and watch you rule over the kingdom but it seems like I will have to break that promise...'

"DIE!" 

However...

Momo did not die. She was freed from her binds and from Kiyo. She opened her eyes and she saw the one who rescued her. It was Tenya! He came in time! 

"Tenya-san...?!"

"I came on time, Momo-kun!" Tenya literally ran all the way here with his Magic! He managed to save Momo in time!