Chapter Two

⊱⋅ ─────────── ⋅⊰

Five whole months. Five pain enduring months had passed and the tables had turned. It was now Hara isolating in the hospital and Beakhyun battling with the company and being a husband despite his situation.

He was getting well, his strength is gained back, his healthy yet the cancer is still alive. The doctor made the spreading slow, which helped the both of them very well.

Hara was stuck in the hospital bed as she watched her stomach grew large, gigantic perhaps. She couldn't carry her weight any more so that's why she was glued to the bed, the doctors gave her a small exercise routine for her body to be active and so that the delivery of the babies would be easy. They also gave her food, large amount of foods to feed for eight people.

The stomach was getting painful and she couldn't handle the size of it, she began to feel insecure about her weight. She gained a lot by the pregnancy and sometimes she felt anxious facing her husband. Visible small stretch marks formed in her belly, she could only imagine how huge they would be if the babies inside would come out.

But she didn't regretted her decision. It made her happy, despite the pain she felt day by day. She saw how huge the difference in Beakhyun, he was beginning to gain his normal weight, he started exercising with her, accompanied her with her small exercises just so she wouldn't feel left out.

Beakhyun manage his time, most of his times where spend on the hospital than their house and his office. They never forgot the space they needed to have, they never shared any kisses, just light hugs and him touching her belly.

All in all the babies are well cared and healthy, but the mother was in great pain. They feared of what pain she would have during the delivery.

Today was her schedule of ultrasound. Accompanying her was non other than her husband and Jiyon. Waiting patiently as the female doctor placed the gel on her stomach, feeling the cold sensation she grew more exited. There eyes darted towards the huge screen as the doctor grabbed the equipment and began to move it around her stomach.

The screen flushed, revealing six deformed babies. It was messy and unexplainable but the doctor pointed her fingers to the screen, counting the babies. When she counted only six, Beakhyun and Hara began to panic.

"Where's the other one?" Hara worriedly asked as she looked at the doctor. The doctor tried to move the equipment, searching for the other. A long air of silence stayed as the babies began to move uncomfortably inside her stomach making her yelp in pain. The eerie pain she couldn't describe.

"Looks like the seventh baby is shy, look at him his hiding behind his siblings" hearing that made Beakyun, Hara and Jiyon to awe. They became emotional as one gender was mistakenly threw by the doctor. Noticing her mistake she gasp. " I spill one! I'm sorry, I was just surprised and all, since I'm used on telling my patients the genders" she apologises making them to nod in understanding. 

"Hear that honey.... Well going to have one baby boy" Beakhyun whispered loving to her ears. Happiness and unexplainable joy erupted on their hearts as they mentained their selves on not kissing each other.

"I'm naming that Kid" the grandfather of the children proudly announced as he pointed to the baby who began to move aggressively. It made Hara gaps in pain as the baby seems too hyper. " I could teach him wrestling!" The grandfather began to screaming in happiness.

The babies weren't fully formed yet, but the feet, head, and hands are already forming.

"Do you want a copy of this Mr and Mrs Byun?" The told people nodded, her doctor handed Beakhyun the equipment so that they could explore and guess what each babies genders. But failed miserably.

Three months have passed since the ultrasound happened. Meaning Hara was eight months pregnant. Her stomach was large, two tires of a truck is what the size of her belly was. They mentained the healthy babies and also her health.

She was lying on the hospital bed as usual, with her husband accompanied her inside the private room. Her hand interwined with his while Beakhyun stroke small circle on her exposed stomach.

"Do you think I'll be a good father?" He asked. This question had linger in his head when Hara declared she was pregnant.   

"Is that even a question?" She slightly slapped his shoulders finding the question silly. "Obviously you'll be a great father, a handsome one too" she playful winked making Beakhyun to shake his head and moved her hospital gown to cover her belly. He moved his chair so that he could face Hara eye to eye.

" I can't kiss them, or hug them Hara. Maybe I can't even touch them" the worry about his sickness spreading to their children bothered him." What if I can't supply them the love a father could have" his eyes began to blur. As Hara's hand—with the small pipe supplying her some medicine— touched his cheeks.

"Don't think like that Beakhyun. You will and can supply them with love, more than any fathers could do" she comforted, rubbing her thumb on his soft cheeks. He placed his hand to the back of her hand and held it with passion. 

" You don't understand Hara. My cancer is still active. The doctors are only slowing it down, not killing it. I could feel it. Feel it spread through my whole body, I'm a living cancer Hara. I can't last in this world, there's no curing this. I'll die sooner or later"

The truth hit her heart. She so badly wanted to avoid this conversation with Beakhyun, the converse about the truth and facts.  She can't stand it.

"Don't say that please..." She begged, hand fell on his collar as she gripped the piece of cloth in her trembling hand. Her tears fell from her eyes, Beakhyun ran his fingers to wipe them off of her pretty face. 

" Let's just discuss it. Like we always do to our problems" he tried to reason out. Trying to lighten the mood. 

"Then let's discuss it Beakhyun!" She shouted, tears streaming as she tried to sit up. She was hurting again. 

"No, just lay down, calm down. It won't be good for the babies" he pushed her softly.

" I can't imagine my life without you Beak....I just can't" she sniffle a sob, pushing Beakhyun's hands on her face and wiped her own tears off.

"Me too Hara. But if my time will come, I just want you to be happy. And take care of our babies in my behalf" with his heart aching he let those words go.

"Damnit! I can't Beakhyun! I fucking can't!" Her cries began to get louder, punching him as he tried to hug her, to calm her down. Because she had this feeling that this hug would be the last.

"You have to... For me, baby please for me" he fought the tears back. Holding Hara's hands in his to stop her from punching. "I promise I'll be there when the babies comes out, I'll be by your side when you deliver them out. I promise I will be there" he oathed.

"Why only there Beakhyun? Why only there when you can be with me watching them have their first words, or watch them take their first steps. Why just stopped there?" She sniffed. Eyes turned puffy, nose becomes bright red and eyes began to burn. The night wasn't helping them. It was making them more sad because the breeze was crying. Crying with Hara.

" Because I know I won't last, all of us won't last but God gave you a long life to live because he knew that you are going to guide our children in a good way" he kissed her forehead. Something they discovered they can do a few weeks back.

" Beakhyun please" she cried out, not wanting to hear him speak any words further more. Not wanting to let him speak.

" No matter what happens I just want you to know that I love you, I love you so fucking much that no one can ever explain the love I have for you" he smiled, despite the tears that was also streaming in his eyes.

"Don't say that Beakhyun, not now.. please not now" she begged, hugging her shaking form. Turning away from Beakhyun. 

" I love you. And I will keep my promise"

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Couple three chapters would be the explanations. Hope you bare.