1

BELA

"Boy or a girl"? asked my sister Bani.

"It's... It's a baby girl! Our baby girl", said Mahir with tear filled eyes and panick stricken face.

I was looking at them with worry and the same tear filled eyes just as my father and Mahir's father.Bani di let out a small smile with a tear filled eye. I couldn't look at her in that condition. My heart is aching while looking at both of them.

"Mahira", said Bani di with a small smile.

"Yes, Mahira. Our Mahira" said Mahir while sobbing at the end.

"She is Mahir's Mahira, you have to look after her " said my di while sobbing.

"Bani, just shut up! You are not going to talk anything like that, we both are going to watch her growing into a women. She will have a happy family with her dad and mom", you are not going anywhere. That's it", said Mahir.

She let out a small smile and told, "No Mahir , It's not possible! We cannot change our fate, It's my time to payback for what I did to my dear one's", she said while looking at me.

The color drained from my face. I looked at my father and he signalled as "NO" while nodding his head.

"Di, please don't talk like that, you did not do anything wrong with anyone", I sobbed.

She let out another small smile while tears continuosly flowing from her eyes. She asked Mahir to get Mahira.

Mahir got Mahira in his hands with uttermost care and placed her on di's lap. She placed a small kiss on her cheek and looked in my direction, "She got our eyes Bela", said my sister with happiness. Yes, I and my sister share same eye colour as my mother, the choclate brown orbs.

I looked in the direction of Mahir, he is still sobbing in di's lap while holding her one hand and holding Mahira with another.

"I hate you! I hate you Bani, we both promised each other that we will take all the responsibilities together. How can you decide everything by yourself"?

"We promised each other damn it"! Mahir shouted at which we all flinched including Mahira.

The nurse enterd the room and gave a warning for which Mahir's dad apologized.

"Calm down Mahir,you are scaring Mahira", said dad.

"Yes Mahir, we both made promises together, now it's your time to make another promise for me", said di while holding Mahir's hand.

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran away from the room to the staircase outside and started crying while covering my face with my hands. Bani di is not only my sister, she is my mom too. I am the younger child due to which I was pampered a lot by her and my dad. My dad is a single parent. We lost our mom during her delivery, and I was born. My dad pampered me more than my sister, but she never complained about it to my dad.She herself used to pamper me like I'm her baby. But a man changed my relation with her. Maybe I changed my point of view. But whatever it is she is my sister and it pains to see her like this. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Dad", I cried in his arms.

"Shhh.... come dear, she is waiting for you. She want's to talk to you dear, come"!, said my dad while holding my hand.

I entered in the room and I found Mahira missing. Maybe they took her to give a shower. I looked at Mahir and what surprised me was he was looking at me with mixed emotions. I couldn't read his eyes today. I glanced at my sister and she called me and Mahir. I went and took place at her right and Mahir to her left. I started crying after holding her hand.

"Di, why din't you inform anyone of us about your pregnancy complications"?, I sobbed while wiping my tears with back of my hand.

"You still did not tell me why you left two years back leaving everyone here"!, she said while looking into my eyes. I couldn't meet her gaze. 

"I know Bela , everyone have their reasons. But you left on my wedding"?, said Bani di with tear filled eyes.

"Now listen to me both of you", she said gaining everyone's attention.

"Mahir! Bela, you both should promise me that you will take care of Mahira together", said di. That's it , I and Mahir pulled back our hands in unison. We stared at each other. I could see anger radiating from Mahir's eyes. I looked at my dad and Mahir's dad. Both had a known expression as if they expected this. I was blank. I ran away because of this, this particular problem. And now I'm again invited to it. Before I could say anything the ECG machine started beeping. Worry struck in everyone's face. My dad and Mahir's dad went to call the doctor , I and Mahir are shouting her name. 

The doctor came and did a quick checkup on her and told that she have a few minutes left and asked us to talk to her if we wanted to. My dad came and cupped her face and started crying. I and Andy uncle were consoling him while crying. I looked at Mahir, his eyes  were red and his hold on her hand became tight.

"Bani you can't do this to me, you are mine and I'm yours,you can't leave me in the middle", said Mahir and started crying. 

My mind was really blank and I couldn't utter a single word from my mouth. Before I could talk anything she caught my hand and told, "Bela, please marry Mahir and take care of him and my  daughter Mahira. Become his wife and her mother. Our dad was also a single parent and I knew his struggles, I don't want Mahir to overcome those struggles and my daughter should not become like me without a mother. Please take care of her and Mahir".

She glanced at Mahir and told, "Please Mahir, marry Bela and take care of my daughter, and...... and... I.. I.. love you"!, and the ECG was at the bottom peak and the room beeped with a peeep sound making all of us still in our places.

I along with every person in the room bursted out crying and Mahir started breaking each and every thing in the room. I flinched with fear at his action. Andy uncle and dad were controlling Mahir. He was yelling with all his strength. He slumped on the floor crying. The nurse entered  the room with Mahira in her hands to hand her over to us.

"Mam, please take your baby", said the nurse looking at me.

I went forward to take her in my arms but I flinched suddenly when I heard his voice.

"Don't you know that her father is still alive"!, Mahir barked at her with anger from his every single nerve.

        ---------------------------

Hello everyone, I was really happy when I got a good response from each and everyone. 

It really pushes me to write more. Just the prologue got 100+ reads. I request all the silent readers to share their thoughts about my story.

Vote, comment and share if u like it.

Thank you.