14

MAHIR

I reached my office and was told that my dad, Bela's dad, and Yuvi were waiting for me.

I entered my cabin and saw all three of them.

"Hey how are you all"?I greeted.

"How have you been so early Mr. Lazy"? I smacked Yuvi's head.

"Dad see", Yuvi whined like a child.

"Mahir", my dad was warning me.

"OK sorry. What's the matter you people wanted to talk"? I asked.

"How is Bela's condition now"? Bela's dad asked.

"She is fine dad, she is just lost in Mahira and she is happy", I replied.

"Did you ask her about what we said Mahir bhai"? Yuvi asked.

"I tried many times but it got fired back", I said.

"Dad you said you want to talk about Bela"? I asked.

"Yes child, it's time to tell you", he said.

My heartbeats were getting fast. Last time he told about her panic attacks. I can't hear anything of that sort about her again.

I don't want to loose her.

"Do you want to know the actual reason why Bela left"? he asked.

"That is the only thing I wanted to know since two years", I replied.

"She was in love with you Mahir!Deeply and madly. You took her as a best friend but you were more than a best friend for her", he said.

Yes. I realized that.

"She was head over heels in love with you", Yuvi said.

"Yuvi, let uncle complete first", my dad told Yuvi.

"Just like Bela, no one knew about you and Bani. You both were like completely different and no one expected you both had feelings for each other", he said.

But every one got to know right? I announced officially in front of everyone.

"Bela thought you too loved her just like she does, but she was not aware of you and Bani. Bani used to share everything with her but she never mentioned about you and her being together", he said.

I can't take it. No. I don't want to go back to that memory lane now.
Because I knew I will feel guilty for all my life.

"Dad please stop. You dint tell me when I asked, but why are you telling me now"?I asked.

"Because you deserve to know child! You and Bela deserve a second chance", he said.

"You were her best friend Mahir! You told that you share everything with her, but you dint tell her about you being in love with her own sister", my dad said.

"We don't have a right to question you that why have you hid it from us, but at least Bela deserves to know it", Bela's dad said.

"She thought to propose you on your graduation day, but everything turned upside down that day", he said looking outside the window.

"She was prepared to tell you about her feelings but you were a step ahead that day. You told your feelings about Bani in front of everyone and. Bela was broken from that day", he said.

She was going to tell me on my graduation day? The day when I proposed Bani.

"She left from there after you proposed Bani bhabi, but her condition was miserable that day", Yuvi said wiping his tears.