25

MAHIR

I caressed the book and hugged it to my heart.

"Today our baby turned one Bani, the time just flew away. You left me in the dark,but now everything's changed",I said hugging that book tightly.

I was so anxious to read this journal,but I'm more scared to read it. I finally came to a conclusion that I have feelings for Bela.

I don't want to get disappointed or disappoint Bela.

But I'm doing wrong with Bani. I promised her that I'm her's for all the life. But it just changed.

I opened the book with trembling hands.

Mahir! You opened the book. That means Mahira turned one today. I was so confident like you that we will have a baby girl.

We got our Mahira into this world!

That's the best thing I did in all my life.

You must be confused about reading all this right? But you have to read it Mahir. Not for me, but for you and Mahira.

And someone else too. I hope you know who is that 'someone'.

Brace yourself for whatever I'm going to tell you Mahir. You might not like some of the things I mentioned in this journal,but you have to go through it.

"What the fuck? Why is she warning me like this"?I sighed feeling frustrated.

"No I don't want to read which will change my mood",I sighed breathing heavily.

I closed the book and kept it aside. I need to calm myself.

I went to the balcony, the sky is full of stars today.

Bani must be one of them. I rubbed my temples and sat on the swing. I heard some footsteps approaching me.

I lifted my head and saw Bela was sobbing.

Why is she crying?

"Bela? What happened, why are you crying? Are you not feeling well"?I asked putting my hand on her forehead.

"What happened Bela"?I asked making her sit beside me.

"I... I'm.. I'm missing Bani di", she said sobbing.

I closed my eyes to compose myself. I'm missing her too. Today especially,we both got a new life on this day.

It's killing me that she is not with me.

"Bela I know,I too miss her.I...I..I don't know what to say", telling that I started sobbing.

I can't hide this pain anymore. I need to let it out.

"Mahir",Bela hugged me and I sobbed in her embrace like a baby.

"She was my life,my love... how can she leave me",I said clutching Bela tightly.

"Life always throws challenges on us Mahir,we have to go through them",she sobbed while caressing my back.

"God always take away our loved one's,but he sends another one to full the void. You got Mahira", she said.

I can never blame Mahira for Bani's death. Having Mahira was our decision. She is my blood. I can't blame my baby for my loss.

In fact, she came like a hope in my life.

"I know, but.. but I couldn't even breath when she died. I was suffocated,I wanted to end my life",I said.

"You wanted to end your life"? she asked coming out of the hug.