13

MAHIR

I was really pissed off. She was ready to tell me everything and now she is cutting it off. She is throwing tantrums on me.

She came to my room when Mahira started crying.

"I can take care of my daughter, I don't need you", I said while taking Mahira in my arms.

I could see hurt and anger in her eyes.

"Mahir don't be stubborn, she is crying", she said and tried to take Mahira from me and I moved away.

Now she was pissed off.

"I'm not being stubborn Bela, you are being", I said while cooing Mahira.

"Mummaa...", Mahira was crying for her now.

She don't want her dadda? My brat has just gone on me.

"Mummaa is here only baby", telling that she took Mahira from me cooing her.

"Mummaa...Maiiaa go ouside", Mahira was shouting.

"OK baby. Let's go to your swing", telling that she took Mahira to our balcony.

Do I not exist for them?

"I will find out everything Bela, no matter what", I said to myself and went to balcony.

Mahira was enjoying the breeze sitting on her mumma's lap and Bela was lost thinking something.

"Mahira baby", telling that I went to take her in my arms.

"Dadda....shooo", Mahira swatted my hand away.

Bela was muffling her laughter. I looked at her tear strained face. It's really aching me to hurt her with my words. But I need to manipulate her to tell me.

"There is nothing to laugh. She...she just woke up", I said.

"Look Bela, I'm not here to argue or hurt you", I said.

She dint respond.

"I know I was being a dick just now but,please hear me out", I said.

"You are still cursing Mahir. I told you many times that not to curse...", she said and stopped in between, maybe remembering our banter.

"You were not there to take care of me these years, so maybe I started cursing again", I said smirking.

"Whatever", she said.

"Bela! I know it's difficult for you to open up to me now. But you have to open up for our good sake", I said.

"There is no "us" Mahir. The "us" was never there between you and me", she said looking at the sky.

"So you are staying with me just for Mahira"? I asked.

"You yourself said that", she said.

Ahh! I was really a dick. She remembers each and every word I said.

"You know I dint mean that right"? I said.

"Ohh you do"?she asked.

"Yes. I do", I said.

"Bela I really dint knew you loved me. Why dint you tell me"? I asked.

"I'm not asking for an explaination Mahir. What would you do if I've confessed to you? Would you leave Bani di"?she asked.

I myself don't know this answer.

"No I would not", I defended myself.

"Exactly. You both were in love, there is nothing wrong in that", she said.