3

BELA

"I WILL MARRY BELA", said Mahir and for one second my heart skipped one beat out of 72 beats. I stiffened at my position carrying Mahira and I din't realize when everyone came inside the room. I forgot the world around me when I was feeding Mahira. And now Mahir gave the biggest shock of my life. He is making the impossible as possible. Should I be happy that he is ready to marry me or should I be sad that he is marrying me because of Mahira. But whatever it is it's time to fulfill my sister's wish.

I was about to talk but before I could start Mahir said,"I wan't a simple court marriage", looking at me.

I am ok with a simple court marriage but my dad was not happy about it. I know he loves me and want's my wedding to be grand. But the situation is not good and correct right now.

"Uncle, send Bela's laguagge to my house by today evening ", said Mahir directly staring into my soul.

I din't meet his gaze and took Mahira to the balcony with me.

"Dad, I will apply for a transfer and a leave for 1 year 6 months", I told my dad.

"But beta, transfer is ok but leave for 1 and a half year"?asked my dad.

"I know dad, but Mahira needs both me and Mahir, I can't put her responsibility alone on Mahir", I explained dad.

"But beta, this is your dream job, do you think they will give you a long leave"?asked my dad.

"It's ok dad, I will apply for work from home instead of a leave", I assured my dad.

He patted my cheeks and said,"Bela don't forget about your life while focussing on Mahira's", said my dad.

"Don't worry dad, I will take care of myself", I said and handed Mahira to him so that I can make a call to my office and inform them about this matter.

As expected my office people agreed to my request and granted me work from home leave and I informed my friend who stays with me in London.

"Tomorrow is a big day", I said to my self and headed towards the hall.

MAHIR

As expected she agreed to marry me and she informed to her office people about it.

Tomorrow I'm going to get married again. It's been just a day I lost my love and I'm here getting ready to marry her sister. I think god loves to see my heart aching all the time. Silly god. I removed my phone from my pocket and started to talk to Bani's picture.

"Bani,why did you take that promise from me"? You know I can't live without you and knowing that you left me alone?"and I started sniffing again.

"I'm going to marry Bela tomorrow as per your wish Bani, but I can't see her as my wife, she was my best friend and how can I see her like my wife tomorrow"?I asked to Bani's picture in my hand.

"I promise I will take care of our daughter with all the love and care", I gave a small smile to my Bani.

"Tomorrow is a big day", I said to myself and headed towards our room.

BELA

Today I'm getting married. I'm getting married to the love of my life. But it's giving me more pain than happiness. I will pray to god that if I have another life I would love to be Mahir's first love. And now Mahira is my daughter. No can separate me from her, not even Mahir. I felt a motherly connection with her as soon as I took her in my arms for the first time. Maybe I was destined to be her mother in this way.

Mahir filled my hair partition and tied the mangalsutr around my neck without looking at me. I am his wife now legally. But we are connected only through Mahira. She is the only string attached now. I've cut all the strings with him before two years and departed from his life. But now he attached a string between us. I never expected my like to turn out like this. Becoming mother to my sister's baby and wife to sister's husband. Now we were heading back to Mahir's home which is also my home from now.