4

MAHIR

Today I'm getting married to her. God is not showing a little pity on me. Now I think I should just go with the flow. My daughter should not be left with an incomplete feeling. She will have mother and father. She should have a happy family. She came into my life as a ray of hope. Today I'm attaching a string between me and Bela even when she have cut all the strings with me two years back. But Mahira is my first priority. I filled her hair partition and tied the mangalsutr around her neck. I did not even look at her while tying the knot.

We were heading back to home. I informed my office that I will be working from home and asked my secretary to take care. Mahira needs both of us at this time. Bela is already a step ahead of me in taking care of her. Why should I back off when it comes to my blood? I glanced at her through the rear view mirror. She is lost in her own world.

We reached our home and our fathers left us alone. My heart started feeling heavy, this marriage, this new relation, it's feeling heavy. I just lost my wife and now tied with another women. Bela, my wife's sister, no..no, first she was my best friend then my wife's sister. Though I'm angry on her but still I feel sad for her too. She is almost sacrificing her carrier for me and Mahira.

I told her that I'm going out and stormed out of my house after giving my daughter a peck on her forehead. She was sleeping so peacefully. My doll she is. I went to the bar and ordered my drink. It's been a year since I came to this bar. I came here when I lost my mother and never returned here after that. 

I was having my last peg and I checked the time, it's half past eleven. I should go home now, my daughter and her mother must be waiting for me. I called my driver and told him to come and pick me up.

My house is on 18 floor and I could'nt stand properly on my feet.

"Driver saab...can you please drop me .. in..infront of my hommmeee", I joined my hands infront of him. He took a hold on me and stopped infront of my door. He was about to ring the doorbell.

"Thank youuu.. driver saab.. I can bang my own doooor, you can leaveee now, tata...bye...bye...", and he left.

"Uff... common Mahir, you can do it, can do it damn it.....", saying so I ringed the doorbell continously. She opened the door and before she could say anything I slumped on her. I can feel my forehead touching hers and she hold me with all her mighty. She was not able to stand properly due to my weight on her. I don't remember anything after that.

BELA

It's half past eleven and Mahir is still not home. Today Mallika didi is staying with us. She was with Mahira in my room and I'm waiting for him in the hall. I din't even changed my saree from morning. I thought to change and suddenly I heard the door bell ringing continously , I got scared. Who could be at this time when Mahir isn't  home and they are ringing continously. With a lot of fear I went and opened the door. As soon as I opened the door,I saw Mahir in a horrible condition. He couldn't stand on his feet. Before I could say anything he slumped on me. My forehead touching his and I couldn't stand properly due to his body weight.

"Mahir...what happen..are you..are you alright"? I asked him.

Mallika didi came out from the room with Mahira. I told her to lock the room from inside. Mahir is drunk, he can't meet Mahira in this condition. I locked the main door and started taking slow steps towards Mahir room with his hands on my shoulders.

"Ohh...Bela, no hi hello from two years"? Mahir was blabbering in his alcoholic state.

"Mahir..just calm down", I said but he was looking at me and smiling.

I took him to his room finally and made him sleep on the bed. But the next moment his body touched the bed he was doing something unexpected.

"Bela...I'm feeling so hotttt", saying so he started removing his blazer and his shirt. I was stunned. I switched on the ac immediately.