8

MAHIR

I got a call from my office that I'm wanted by them as there was some issue in my New York branch. I left for office today and told Bela that I will return by evening. I cleared the problem till afternoon and returned home. I ranged the door bell and as expected Bela opened it. Oh my god. She was standing in front of me just  wearing her tank top and shorts. I guess she was giving dry nursing to Mahira. She looked at me shocked and gave me way to get in. I entered inside and saw Vish.

"Hey Vish, how are you"? I asked.

"Hey Mahir, I'm fine. By the way I'm sorry for whatever happened", she said giving me a hug.

"It's....it's fine, it's just my fate", I said taking Mahira from her.

"Mahiraaa....see dadda is back as promised", I said giving her a peck on her nose.

She was clapping her hands and started playing with my beard. She was pulling my beard. I guess my baby don't like my beard.

"I'm sorry for not contacting you from six months, I messaged you but I din't get a reply from you Mahir", said Vish while apologizing.

"It's ok Vish, you at least messaged, some people don't even care whether we are alive or not", I said taunting Bela.

I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me with hurt. She removed her gaze from me and started searching for something.

"Mahir did Vyom informed you that he is coimng to meet you three"? asked Vish.

"Hmm ya I spoke to him", I told.

"Ok fine Mahir, I'm leaving. I need to meet Yuvi also", telling that she gave me and Bela a hug and kissed Mahira.

"Be in touch", I told  her.

Vish left to meet Yuvi and dad. I settled  on the couch putting Mahira on my stomach. Mahira started crawling on the floor from past one week. My baby is so fast. She was climbing from my stomach to chest catching my hands and started laughing. Bela was still searching for something.

"Bela are you searching for something"? I asked.

"Umm...yes", she said hesitating.

"What is it"? I asked.

"My..my shirt", she said.

"Where is it"? I asked playing with Mahira.

"Under you", she said. I looked at her and then looked where I was sitting. I was sitting on her shirt. Oh no. I immediately  got up and gave her shirt to her. We both were embarrassed .

I went inside and changed. She too came changed. We had lunch in silence.

Vyom came to meet us.

"Hey buddy..how are you"? said Vyom giving me a tight hug.

"Idiot...I'm fine until you came...now leave me", I said struggling under his arms.

"Mahirr...", he said looking at me with tears in his eyes. I understood what he wanted to tell.

"It's ok Vyom, it's fate we can't do anything", I said giving him another hug.

"Where are Bela and Mahira"? he asked wiping his tears.

"There they are", I said pointing towards them.

He saw them and went near them. He took Bela in a hug and started sobbing. He took Mahira in his arms and gave her a peck on forehead. Mahira started pushing Vyom with her little hands. We started laughing looking at them. She is still not used to new people.