2

MAHIR

"Don't you know that her father is still alive", I barked at the nurse who was giving my baby to Bela.

She flinched suddenly when she heard me and took a step back. I took my Mahira in my arms and kissed her forehead. My baby is just three days old now. I told my dad to complete the formalities in the hospital. I gave a last glance at Bani and stormed out of the room with Mahira in my arms. My eyes started pooling again. She is gone. My Bani, my love of my life is gone. All the women I loved in this world left me alone. But now I won't let go of  my daughter to anyone. She is mine. I saw Yuvi coming towards me in a hurry, dad must have informed him about Bani and Mahira.

"Oh my god..., Bhai it's a girl", tears started pooling in Yuvi's eyes. I nooded and gave another kiss on my baby's forehead.

"Bhai can I...can I hold her once"? asked Yuvi. I handed Mahira to him, he was observing her angelic features and gave  a peck on her forehead.

"She got Bani bhabi's eyes , and her nose and hairs are like your's Bhai", said Yuvi. I gave him a sad smile.

"Bhai I'm soryy about Bani bhabi, if she could inform us before hand then we could...",I stopped him in between signalling with my hand to stop.

"Is the driver available with my car now"? I asked him, to which he nodded.

"I'm leaving to my home with Mahira, inform dad and others to come there if they want to see Mahira", telling him I started to walk towards the parking.

I met the doctor and took the medications and diet plan of Mahira and started to heed to my home.

My baby is sleeping peacefully in my arms. Tears started to pool in my eyes. Bela returned after damn two years. What does she think about her self? Going and coming whenever she want's. She was my fucking best friend and she left me on the day of my wedding. That was ridiculous of her. She never contacted me or Bani in these two years. We don't know the reason why she left all of a sudden. We asked her dad and he told that she got admission in her dream university. But that was a lame excuse by her father. Bani had many sleepless nights because of her. I called Vish and Vyom too to ask about her. But they don't have a single clue about her.

Why did she ran away when her sister needed her? When I needed her? And Bani din't care to inform me about her pregnancy complications. These both sisters took me for granted. And Bani wants me to marry Bela? This was unexpected. I know Mahira needs a mother now, but Bela was my best friend. Yes, she was but not now. She contacted Bani only once in these two years to congratulate her about her pregnancy. I tried to talk to her that time but she din't respond.

She did not even contact me when I lost my mother. She very well knows the relationship between me and my mother and she was very close to her also. But still, no response. If not Bani I would have been a mess till now.

Bela broke my heart and now she is expecting me to marry her?

I reached my home and our maid Mallika opened the door and welcomed us. 

"Sir, I'm soryy about Bani bhabi..", I stopped her in middle before speaking further.

"Mallika , you please take a day off today, I can manage", I told her and she reluctantly agreed to it and left.

I made the bed for my baby and feed her the milk from milk bottle. She was not drinking before and was crying. I cooed her slowly and made her drink the milk. I statred rocking her back to sleep and soon sleep engulfed us.

BELA

Mahir took Mahira and stormed out of the room after giving a last glance to my sister. He din't even perform the last rights for my sister. My dad was unconsolable. And then I saw Yuvi coming towards us. I couldn't meet his gaze. He stared at me  for a minute  and went to meet my dad. We all were sitting in the living room of my home.