larkspur「s.dp」

PART 1.

Dongpyo

"Confessing to a girl is hard." I whispered.

"It's not that hard. All you need is confidence." Junho answered.

This kid already talks. Good for him. I mean, he doesn't talk that much. Maybe he's shy or something.

"But in my situation, it's darn hard. I have a rival. The name is Park Serim."

"Park Serim? I know that guy... He's my friend!" Hyeongjun replied, smiling widely. "I didn't know that my two friends are rivals in Aya’s heart. So cool!"

"No it's not cool, Hyeongjun. What if Aya decided to choose Serim? All of my efforts will be wasted."

I have nothing against him. He's 180 cm tall. While me? Huhuhu! He's taller than me. I think Aya doesn't like short boys like me. Maybe it's time to give up.

"I heard that Serim Hyung really love Aya." Minhee whispered. "Before he confesses, you should confess first! He's my friend too but, you're my friend too..."

"Confess to her as soon as possible. Before that Serim confess. Come on hyung, you can do it!" Eunsang cheered.

I decided to confess to Aya. I brought her favorite flower, Larkspur. This kind of flower is very rare to find. Good thing Eunsang's mother owned a flower shop and they have this kind of flower.

They said, that's why a Larkspur flower is very rare to find because it is special. It should be given to the person who has the same feeling.

This is it. Hyeongjun said that Aya's in the garden. So I immediately go there.

"I like you Aya, noㅡI love you a lot!"

"I like you too, Park Serim."

"Can you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes. Yes!"

My smile faded from what I heard. Serim... he already confessed to Aya. My heart aches. I think I lost.

I withdraw that place, defeated. Hot tears keep falling onto my cheeks. I love Aya so much. I love her since we were ten. I'm just too cowardly to tell her what I feel about her.

I sat on the bench. The sun is setting. That's why the sky is colored orange and purple. I let out a heavy sigh. I guess, Aya and I are really not meant to be. I hope she will be happy with Serim.

"Hey, are you okay?" A girl asked me. She sat beside me. She looks worried.

"Uhmm, yeah. Yeah, I'm okay." I answered as I wiped my tears.

"If you're okay, why are you crying?"

I became silent. I don't know if I can trust this girl who I didn't even know. But I can't keep it all inside.

"She was never mine, but losing her broke my heart."

"So you confessed to her but she rejected you?"

"I was about to confess to her but I'm too late."

"Oh, that hurts." She whispered. "Man down."

I chuckled on what she said. I just gave her the flower. It doesn't make sense anymore. All of my efforts were ruined.

"Why are you giving me this?" She asked as she stared at the flower.

"You like flowers."

"How did you know?!"

"Isn't it obvious? You're wearing a flower crown." She chuckled. Hmm, that's cute.

"I'm Dongpyo. You are?"

"I'm Azalea."

---

4/19/24: i'm back from editing this book!