17.

Two days before Louis' 28th birthday
Monday December 22, 2019.

Harry hated lying to Louis, well technically he isn't lying to him, he's just avoiding telling him the truth. He's been going over to Liam's and wrapping gifts for Louis' birthday with the help of both Li and Niall. He has to find yet another excuse. But Louis isn't having it today, and Harry isn't too happy with this, he has something special planned, and he can't do this right now.

"Babe... It's two days from your birthday, I need to go. I have something for you.. and if you don't let go, you're not getting the tickets I bought you." Harry said, half telling the truth, half not. He got he and Louis tickets to see 5 Seconds of Summer, yet again, they just hadn't arrived in Liam's mail yet. He offered so that Louis wouldn't see them prematurely. The only thing is, Louis doesn't know if he is telling the truth or not.

"Haaaazzzzz, you can't just say what you're giving away," Louis says as he lets go of Harry. "You're not cheating on me with Liam or Niall, right?" Harry starts chuckling. "Hah, no, ew no, they're like my brothers, Lou. Incest." Harry looks down at Louis' ocean eyes, looking slightly gray-green due to the hoodie he is wearing, which also happens to be one of Harry's.

"I'm sorry. You know I have trust issues.." Louis says as he tears his gaze from Harry's emerald eyes. They aren't really emerald.. More of a mossy, forest fern color, if you ask Louis.

"I know, and I'm sorry, but if you weren't my curious kitten, I could easily do this here, but someone goes exploring." Harry says as he smiles and picks Louis up, he feels Lou wrap his legs around his own waist and his arms around his neck. He feels Louis play with the curls right at the bottom of his hairline.

"I'm sorry, Haz.." Louis says as he gets set down on the sofa. "Hey, there is nothing to be sorry about, Louis. It's your nature to be curious. Now, I have to get going, I'll be back very soon, I promise." Harry says, before planting a kiss to Lous' temple, cheek, and then a kiss on the lips, quick, but full of love. The kiss was simple, but effective, effective enough to leave Louis temporarily stunned.

"I love you Louis, I'll be back and I'll bring some food back, alright?" Harry asks as he gets his keys and his phone. "Alright, please be safe. I love you too much." Louis says as he watches Harry head to their garage to leave.

At Liam's flat.

Just as Harry pulls into Liam's apartment complex, Niall is too.
"Hey mate!" Niall calls out, Harry turns around from the passenger side, collecting something from the inside, and holding it close as he locks the door. "He Ni, what's up?" He asks with a smile as they hug, breaking apart and heading toward the buzzer to be buzzed into Liam's apartment.

They chat on the elevator ride.

"So, does Louis know anything?" Niall asks. Harry shakes his head. "Good, how it should be, I swear, Melody just celebrated her birthday, well we did, and she acted surprised for most of the gifts, I think she went through the closet where I was storing them." Harry just chuckles and shakes his head.

Back at Louis and Harry's apartment.

Louis lay still on the couch, covered in wrapping paper, Clifford on the floor, chewing a discarded ribbon. "I think I've given up, Cliff.. I can't even wrap this present for Hazza.. I'm such a disappointment.." Louis says to the dog, who sits up, forgetting immediately that there was a ribbon on the floor, wagging and smiling, Clifford walks over to Louis.

Louis knows that he's having a bad day because Harry has been going away a lot, and he appreciates Harry thinking of him, but it's the consistent absence of warmth from Harry these past few days, that's all Louis needed to get depressed and very jealous, as well as angry and emotional.

He hugs and kisses Cliffords head, stands up, and heads over to their record player and pulls out the Fine Line vinyl. He puts it on, and starts singing to the beat. He goes back over to where he made a huge mess, and attempts to start over.

Liam's Flat

Harry takes the little {not so little} box and starts wrapping delicately. "Any special things for his bday, Haz?" Liam asks, referencing Louis. Harry laughs, "Well. This little parcel is one, but, I was thinking, Wednesday, I'll take him to a nice place to eat lunch, could you two bring the gifts over and so we can all celebrate it?" Harry asks.
Niall nods almost immediately,as does Liam. "Done, 100%." Liam says, as they all finish wrapping up the final gifts.

By the time Harry comes home, the huge mess was picked up, Clifford was currently still chewing on a ribbon, the only evidence that something had happened. Louis doesn't know Harry is home, he's cleaning their kitchen, so he had left Clifford eating that to keep him busy. "BABE! I'm home, love. Where are you?" Harry says when he takes off his coat, it's quite cold out.

"In here, Harry!" Louis shouts from the kitchen,and that's where Harry finds Louis, shirtless, sweaty, and slightly sooty, from cleaning the oven. Harry has never been turned on quicker than this. Louis turns around, with a rag in one of his gloved hands, the other a spray bottle of cleaner.

The 'It Is What It Is' tattoo on full display, along with the '78' tattoo. "Woah.." Harry says, unable to say anything else. "I missed you, babe." Louis says as he turns around to finish what he started. "God, I missed you too, but why are you doing this?" Harry asks as he looks around seeing that Louis must have done a deep clean. "Because I was bored,, but you're back now.!" Louis says excitedly.

After a long needed shower for both of them, they hop into bed and, well......

Hi. Sorry I'm not active I have a lot of school going on along with other things. I started French class yesterday. So far I know how to say 'pleased to meet you'
Date: Wednesday, April 29,2020
Time: 12:26 a.m
Word count: 1,076