18.

Harry wakes Louis up on his birthday by singing You & I, with coffee and a bagel in bed. Harry was already feeling the nerves from what he has planned for today.

Yesterday while Louis was showering, Harry called Niall and Liam, telling them when to be there and when to get things set up.

"You.. You did this for me, Haz? Thank you so much!!" Louis says as he fully wakes up and eats his bagel, 'oh, if only you knew what else is happening today.' Harry thinks to himself.

"Of course, Boo. Anything for you, anything." Harry says before scooping Louis into his lap on their bed. He puts Louis' head on his chest and combs his hand through Louis' slightly tangled hair. Louis shifts, but only enough to cuddle more into Harry's chest. Harry loves these moments, just the two of them, no one else, no sound, nothing.

After an hour of cuddling, Harry makes them both shower, and takes Louis downstairs, where Lottie, Gemma, Anne, and Daisy and Phoebe are waiting for them. Harry smiled as Louis squeaks slightly and jogs down the rest of the stairs, straight {pfft} to Lottie and the twins.

"Hi little one." Harry hears Lottie say, even though Louis is older than her. Harry can hear him grumble something back, and Lottie laughs.

Then Gemma and Anne both give him a hug, they are basically one big family.

About an hour and a half after chatting and goofing off, such as Louis, Gemma, the twins and Harry having a cupcake baking competition, Harry and Daisy were the only ones with edible cupcakes. They cleaned up and Harry made Louis get dressed nicely, so he can take them out to lunch.

On the way to the restaurant, Louis, very impatiently asks for the 30th time where they are going. "I'm sorry, love. It's a surprise." Harry says, feeling extremely nervous. Right before they left, when Louis was getting into their car, Harry very quickly called Liam and Niall. Then made another important call.

They finally arrive at the fanciest place Louis has ever seen, 'this must be expensive.' He thinks as he steps out of the vehicle. Harry grabs his hand and kisses it, "Happy birthday, sweetheart." He says as he looks down at Louis' eyes. He smiles and hugs him.

They go inside and get seated in a secluded corner, as to not attract attention. "I love you. I hope you're having a good birthday so far." Harry says as he looks across the table at his beautiful boyfriend. 'He won't be soon.' Harry thinks as, once again, his nerves get to him. "Oh, this has been wonderful, thank you Harry!" Louis says as he scans the menu once again, he already decided on what he wanted.

They order and make small talk, they finish, but there are still leftovers, they grab desert to go, and Harry pays. As he is paying, he gets a text from Liam.

Hey mate, wanted to let you know that everything is set up, do you have something that Louis can go in first like you planned?

Yes, we have leftovers so I'll be getting them when he goes in.

Awesome, well see you soon. Good luck.🍀

Harry turns his phone off and heads back to let Louis know that they are leaving. He takes Lou's hand and they go to their car, Harry feeling anxious. Louis senses something is off. "Are you alright, Hazza?" He asks startling Harry out of his nerve-fillled haze. "Huh? Yeah.. yeah I'm good, just thinking. Did you enjoy lunch, babe?" Harry asks, smiling, but is still off. Louis can tell, but he doesn't say anything more. "I loved it! Thank you, you didn't have to do all this, you know." Louis says as they drive closer to home.

Harry grins, a genuine, non-nerved one, too.

{as the author, I'm anxious myself for this, hopefully you all have taken all of the hints and taken them in a positive way, which is the way it is intended.}

They pull up to the house, Harry feels like he's about to throw up. "I'll be right in, love. You go inside, mmk?" Harry says as they both get out and he goes to the back of the car to get the food.

A Half Hour Ago

Liam's POV

Harry had texted both Niall and Liam, telling them to get the little cards and to lay a trial of petals in the hallway, connecting all the cards,until they reach the last one, a giant sign.

Since it was, 1] Louis' birthday, and 2] their fifth year anniversary, Harry asked for help from his two best friends.

"Ok, Niall. Let's get these petals in place." Liam said, he and Niall had went out and gotten several bouquets of pink roses to be destroyed. He and Niall had put all the card where Harry told them to.

The first one right on the table when you walk through the door. Of course, Gemma and everyone else helped too.

Present Time

Louis' POV

Harry had seemed off to Louis all day, but maybe, since he is a perfectionist at heart, he never admits it, he wanted everything to go right for Louis' birthday. That's what Louis thinks anyway.

He never expected this to ever happen.

Hi.. I'm sorry about the cliffhanger, but if I continued this, the chapter would a book within a book. Part Two will be up soon, I promise.
Date:Wednesday April 29, 2020
Time:4:30 p.m
Word count: 930