Chapter 3 - Vinny

Damian's Pov
Wednesday 28th April 2021
**********************************

Vincent: can I come over? ;)

My breathing stops when I read the text. He wants to come over and see me? I was about to make myself dinner so I guess I can make enough for two.

Me: sure, I'll send you my address

Vincent: I will see you soon

I put a shirt on as I've been sat in only some sweatpants and then go to the kitchen to start making something. I decide on a carbonara and panic halfway though making it because Vincent is Italian and what if it's not up to his standard?

The doorbell rings and I have to calm myself down before I open the front door. My mouth drops open when I see him in a leather jacket and tight jeans.

"Ciao," he greets as he looks my body up and down.

"Hello, come in," I say and step aside so he can come inside. He takes his shoes off as he looks around my house.

"You have a nice house. Whatever you're cooking smells good," he says and I lead him to the kitchen. My palms sweat and my heart races as I show him the pasta I'm making. This is the first date and I've got to make a good impression.

"You're making me dinner?"

"Yeah, I had enough for two so why not? It can be our first date," I say and he smiles. My nervousness calms down as his body stays relaxed and carefree.

"Grazie," he says and kisses my lips gently.

"Is that thank you?"

"Yes, it is. You look very beautiful dolcezza," he says as he runs his hands up my chest and onto my shoulders.

"So do you," I reply and he kisses me deeper. I take control of the kiss and he groans, letting me lift him onto the kitchen counter as I kiss him hungrily.

"You should check the food," he says breathlessly as he gently pushes me away. I look at the pan and quickly step away so I can stir the sauce. Vincent stands behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, his head on my shoulder as he watches me cook. I lift the spoon for him to taste and he thinks for a moment.

"You should add more- wait I don't know the English," he says as he pulls away and looks through the seasoning I have put on the bench. He smiles and picks up the black pepper. "Pepe Nero."

"You can put it in," I say and stand aside so he can take over the sauce. He bites his lip as he focuses on adding the right amount of the seasoning.

"You're so cute," I say and he looks at me with a smile.

"Thank you. The food is done."

I dish up onto two plates and pour two glasses of wine for us that I take to the dining table. I sit opposite Vincent as he tries the pasta, a good expression on his face thankfully.

"It is delicious," he says and I can help but smile.

"Thank you. So you're Italian? Were you born there?" I ask curiously. He sips his wine before he answers.