Chapter 19 - Taking Over

Vincent's pov
Tuesday 22nd June 2021
*******************************

"Please be safe," Damian says to me before I get into the car to go to Leonardo's mansion.

"I will mi amore. I will see you for tea," I say and kiss him goodbye. I smile at him as I pull the car out of the driveway. The drive for me is tense because I know this could go wrong but I need to stay positive.

I get to Leonardo's mansion and go inside where everyone is already waiting for me.

"Always late," Luca laughs and I rolls my eyes.

"I'm not even that late! Like ten minutes!" I argue.

"That's late for this mission!" Luca teases. Emilio tells us to stop bickering and Leo shows us his laptop where he has the plan. I make sure I know everything that is going on.

"Vincent you are in charge of your team which is your family," Leo starts. "I am in charge of one team while my second in command will lead another."

"That is good. We can do this," I say and Luca nods.

"I'm so nervous," Giovanni admits.

"It will be okay," Lorenzo tells him. "I will protect you."

Gio takes a deep breath and Leo closes his laptop.

"Are you ready to do this?" Leo asks me before we get into the vans. We all have several guns and knives ready to take on the guards I know are there. Me and Luca have already done a lookout of the Romano mansion to see how many guards Antonio has and we have a solid plan how to take them down. We outnumber the security at the house so it should run smoothly.

"Let's do this," I say and get in the drivers seat of my van. We drive the the mansion, stopping my van outside of the gates while the other teams go to the back. We all get out of the back door and Emilio goes to the man arming the gate. We watch as he speaks for a moment and then punches the guy in the face and shoots him when he's on the floor. I feel the nausea build up inside me but I push it away and get focused. I open the gate and we all go down the driveway, our guns out ready. We safely get to the front door and I open it slowly, standing behind the door frame in case there is gunfire.

"Clear," Enzo says as he glances into the doorway. I move inside first and scope out the entrance hall as they come inside behind me. I see movement at the top of the stairs and point my gun but I frown when I see Antonio walking down with several guards pointing guns at us.

"I knew you would be coming back," he says as more security come in behind us and point their guns at our heads. I feel the cold metal on my scalp and slowly lower my own gun. This can't be right! There's too many guards! There was no one outside!

"You look surprised," he says as he walks down to the bottom of the stairs. "Drop the gun."

I put the safety on the gun and drop it to the floor. I hear my cousins do the same behind me as Antonio walks to Emilio.

"Even you have betrayed me," he says.

"You are not fit to run this family," Emilio says.

"You do not know what is best for this family if you think Vincent could be a good Cappo. He's a faggot! He can't even make his own children!" He shouts before he looks at me. "He's weak."