Chapter 9 - The Truth

Vincent's pov
Tuesday 4th May 2021
*****************************

Everything hurts. I just want to stay in bed for the whole day but I've got things to do. Papà really damaged my chest and he's left a huge bruise across my nose which I now have to deal with today.

I hold my ribs as I sit up in bed, a groan escaping my lips. Alessandra is still asleep but I must wake her as I stand up.

"Do you need some help?" She asks with an amused face as I let out a shaky breath.

"When I have showered, can you put the strips on my cut?" I ask and she nods. I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, wincing at the cut on my cheek that needs new plaster strips putting on. I quickly shower, trying to be careful with my sore chest and nose. I takes a long time to get dried and dressed because I can't bend very far over without shooting pain in my ribs.

"Come here," Alessandra says when I come out fully dressed. She has the first aid box and carefully changes the plasters already on my face to clean ones with a spray that stings.

"That hurts," I complain and she sighs but keeps going.

"Stop being a cagna and stay still," she says. "There, done."

I feel my face where the new plasters are and she smiles.

"Why are you leaving so soon?" She asks curiously. She likes me to stay here because she says it's boring when everyone is doing jobs and she's left alone.

"I have important things to do but I'll be back tomorrow and I'll keep you company," I tell her.

"Okay, have fun with whatever you're doing," she says and lies back in bed to get some more sleep.

I leave the house quietly and go to my car so I can make it to my doctors appointment on time. It's nothing bad, just my results from my STD check so I can go bareback with Damian. I'm quite nervous because I've only ever been tested once before and it turned out I had chlamydia. It was easy fixed and I've always used condoms from then but it's better to be safe. I go into the waiting room and wait for my name to be called.

"Vincent Romano?" A doctor says and I say hello. He looks shocked at my face because I obviously wasn't like this the other day when I came to pee in the tube.

"Do you have my results?" I ask when I'm sat on the seat in his office.

"Yes I do, you're clear for everything. You should still use a condom with new partners who haven't been tested, otherwise you're good to go bareback," he says with a warm smile. I told him my plans at the other appointment and I'm quite surprised he remembered.

"Thank you doctor," I say and stand to leave with my paper to prove I'm clean but he stops me.

"Are you alright? How did this happen?" He asks, gesturing to my face.

"I just fell over. I am okay," I say but he doesn't look convinced.

"Did you hurt your ribs too? I can have a look because you look like you're in pain," he says with a concerned look.

"It is okay."

"At least let me have a quick look to see if anything is broken."

"Fine, but I am in a hurry," I say and he smiles. I sit on the chair and pull my shirt off when he says. My breath catches as the pain shoots through me. He looks at the dark bruises and gently runs his fingers across them, pressing on my ribs which makes me gasp.

"I'm sorry, can you move your hands above your head?" He asks and I do it. My face scrunches up in pain but I still lift my arms above my head. "I don't think anything is broken. I can prescribe some pain killers."