Chapter 6 - Engaged

Vincent's pov
Saturday 1st May 2021
***************************

"What?" Me and Alessandra both yell at the same time.

"I'm not marrying him! You know I have a boyfriend!" Alessandra argues with her papà.

"You are not marrying that boyfriend of yours! He's a bad influence and not what we need in this family!" He shouts back. They start arguing as I try to gather my thoughts.

"Can I speak to you outside?" I ask papà. He nods and we go to the hall outside the lounge.

"She's beautiful isn't she? Perfect for you," he says and I frown.

"She is pretty, but I don't want want to marry her," I say.

"I don't care what you want to do, you're marrying her."

"I'm not marrying her. I want to marry someone I love, not someone I don't even know," I say and papà glares.

"You will marry her. You have plenty of time to get to know her because she's staying with us until the wedding. She will be sharing your room so make sure it's clean," he tells me.

"No! I can't marry her! You can't make me do this!"

He pulls a gun from his waistband and holds it to my forehead with a furious look on his face.

"You will do whatever I tell you to do. My marriage to your ma was arranged by my papà and we love each other. I know what's best for you and she is it, so show her to your room and be a gentleman," he warns. I look up to the cold metal on my head and then back to my very angry papà.

"I don't want to marry her, you're being ridiculous by making me do it," I say bravely. I don't get to protest before I'm hit across the face with the gun and sent crumpling to the floor. His foot hits me in the stomach and I roll over with a groan.

"I am your Cappo and you will do anything I say. I do not tolerate this disrespect and if it happens again you'll be very fucking sorry. Now show Alessandra to your room and do as you're told," he growls. I struggle to my feet and cough as I try to get air into my lungs again. I lean against the wall as I hold onto my stomach and take deep breaths.

"Okay, I'll show her to my room," I say carefully and he puts the gun away. I go into the lounge where Alessandra has her arms crossed over her chest and an annoyed expression. "I'll show you to your room."

I take her upstairs and open my bedroom door as she follows me inside.

"What happened to you?" She asks as she looks at my face.

"My papà wasn't too happy about me retaliating," I grumble as I go to my mirror and look at the forming bruise on my cheekbone.

"He hits you?"

"Yes, he is Antonio Romano he is not against beating his child," I laugh dryly.

"That's not good. He seems scary," she says and we fall into a silence.

"I'm sorry about this, I'll find a way out," I say and she sighs.

"There is no way out of it. We either get married or be shot," she says and covers her face with her hands.

"I'll think of something, I promise. But for now you have to share my room," I say and she sighs again.