Chapter 15 - Being Brave

Vincent's pov
Thursday 20th May 2021
******************************

"I'm infertile," I tell Damian.

I'm dead. I'm literally dead. He is going to kill me.

"I'm so sorry," Damian says as I keep my head buried in my hands.

"What the fuck do I do?" I ask as I look up to see him looking just as worried as I am.

"You could stay here," he suggests.

"He will find me if I don't go home. And I can't keep pretending we're trying to get Alessandra pregnant if I know It'll never work," I say as my hands start to shake.

"If you're honest about it do you think he'd understand?" Damian asks and I laugh.

"He is not the understanding type but at this point I don't think I have any other choice. I am also fucking pissed that he did that to me. I can never have my own kids because of him!" I shout and Damian nods.

"Please be careful when you tell him. I can't lose you," he says and I stand to give him a hug.

"I will see you soon mi amore," I say and plant a kiss on his lips before I leave to my car. It's difficult to drive with one hand bandaged up but I manage. I slowly drive home, trying to postpone possibly the scariest thing I've ever done. I wouldn't tell Damian but I'm fully ready to be shot or at least have something sharp thrown at me.

It's not just fear I feel, I'm so incredibly angry. He did this to me! And now I'm going to suffer again for something I can't control! I'm tempted to kill him before he can kill me but I know the fallout of that would be worse.

When I arrive home, I take a deep breath and go straight to his office where I really hope he is. I don't knock and just push open the door to see him writing at his desk with Emilio sat opposite him. He looks up and glares at me but I talk before he can.

"I am infertile and it is your fault," I say in a shaky voice. Emilio turns around to look at me with as equally shocked face as my papà.

"What did you just say?" He demands as he slowly stands up from his chair.

"I can not get Alessandra pregnant because you made me infertile. The punishment you gave me three years ago with the hammer, that made me unable to have children," I tell him as Emilio stands between us.

"So you're admitting you are useless to me?" He asks as he reaches for his gun.

"Antonio no, you can't kill him for this," Emilio tries.

"He could never be a good Cappo anyways, he's weak," papà says as he pushes Emilio aside.

"Papà please, you do not have to kill me, I will leave and not come back," I say but he still glares, the gun in his hand but luckily still pointed at the floor.

"You're a stain to the name Romano. I always knew you would be a failure, you're too weak minded for this job," he tells me, his voice dripping with malice and his body tense with anger. His right arm raises the gun to be level with my head. "Give me one reason why I should not shoot you."

"You are my papà, Ti amo. Please don't do this papà," I beg. I see something cross his face. Guilt? Sadness? Whatever it was is soon covered by his stony expression as he lowers his gun slightly and I hear the loud bang of it going off. Pain explodes in my side and I scream as my body falls backwards. I hit the floor with a thud as my hands hold onto the wound. I can feel the hot blood pouring out between my fingers as papà steps over me and leaves.