Chapter 13 - Confessions

Damian's pov
Saturday 15th May 2021
*******************************

I've missed all of my appointments with Orion over the past two weeks because I've got Vincent and I've been feeling much better. That didn't stop Orion from contacting me to ask me to come and then telling Marcus who has made me come today. He came to my house this morning and made me get dressed before he dragged me to his car and drove me to Orion's office. I'm now sulking in the passenger seat as he tries to convince me to go inside.

"You've got to go see him," he says as he turns to look at me.

"I'm fine, I don't need to go," I tell him but he sighs and gets out the car to walk to my side. He opens the car door and I waits for me to get out but I just glare at the floor.

"Damian. Get out now. You need to talk to him even if this is the last time you do. Just talk to him about why you don't want to go anymore," Marcus says. I huff and unbuckle the seatbelt so I can get out of the car. Marcus smiles as he walks me inside.

"I'll be waiting here, just be honest," Marcus tells me before I go into the office.

"Hello Damian, how are you?" Orion asks me as I sit on the couch.

"I'm fine. I don't think I need to come to these anymore," I say truthfully.

"I think you do but we can talk about that at the end of the session. So what have you been up to?" He asks me.

"I've been spending time with Vincent, he's my boyfriend now," I say and Orion smiles.

"That's great. Have you been feeling suicidal?"

"Not really. When I'm with Vin I don't think about any of it."

"Have you told him?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Why not?"

"I don't want him to know yet," I say.

"Why don't you want him to know. Do you think he'll treat you differently?"

"Yeah. He'll feel sorry for me and I don't want that. I want him to see me the same way he always has," I explain.

"Has he ever opened up to you about anything? Because if he has that could be a sign he wants you to open up too. That's what boyfriends do," Orion says. Do I tell him about Vin being in the mafia?

"He opened up about his dad being abusive," I say and Orion nods.

"And do you think any less of Vincent after he told you?"

"Of course not!"

"Then why would he do the same with you?" He asks. I pause as I realise what he means.

"You really think I should tell him about Adrian?"

"I think it would help for Vincent to know what's going on with you because he seems to help you. You don't have to go into detail if you're not comfortable, but giving him the basics could help," he says.

"I'll tell him."

"Good, do you see a future with him?"