Chapter 48 - Wedding Day

Damian's pov
Tuesday 14th June 2022
*******************************

I'm getting married today. It's actually happening. Fuck I'm nervous. I'm stood at the alter now with Marcus by my side as we wait for Vinny to be walked down the isle.

I was worried when he first said he wanted to get married in Italy because there's a lot of other mafia families who aren't happy about him being gay but it's alright. They all left us alone when Vinny sent out threats.

The venue is gorgeous, it's right by the coast outside a hotel that specialises in weddings. There's an outside courtyard that has a view of the ocean where all the seats are set up. When the ceremony is over the staff will set the same area up for the meal, and for the log cutting.

Vinny was very serious when he said he wanted us to do an Italian tradition where the couple cuts a log in half with a double sided saw. I thought it was strange but I'd do anything to make him happy.

"Are you okay?" Marcus asks from beside me.

"I'm nervous," I answer truthfully.

"I was when I got married, just take a deep breath and think of your future husband," Marcus says and I nod. I take a deep breath as Marcus puts his hand on my shoulder and gives a small squeeze.

Marcus is my best man, and Nathan and Demi are my groomsmen. Vinny's best man is Luca and his three other cousins are his groomsmen with Cole. Emilio is giving Vinny away because he is like Vinny's dad more than anyone else.

I look into the seats where some of my friends from London are sat with big smiles. They're all so smug because I always said I'd never get married and I'd always stay single. I roll my eyes when one of them gives a smug wink.

I see Alessandra with her fiancé Jason and her baby bump. She called a few months ago to say she was pregnant and engaged to her long term boyfriend so we went over to celebrate. Now she's got a small bump and a wedding to plan.

There's also a few other mafia bosses who are allies with Vinny including Leonardo who I'm surprised showed up. He's not doing well since Antonio killed his closest friends. He's always drunk but thankfully he's sober and cleaned himself up for today.

A few doms and subs from the club were invited too. Lucas, Thomas, Lacey, and Logan obviously and then also Will and Mason who are close to Vinny.

Marcus turns me around and fixes my tie with a smile.

"I'm proud of you," he says.

"Thank you," I say and I turn to see Luca walking in to say Vinny's on his way. I take another deep breath as Luca stands beside his cousins and we wait for Vinny to walk down. Music plays and I smile as I see him at the end of the isle with his arm linked with Emilio.

He looks beautiful. He's wearing a light grey suit with a black tie and white shirt underneath. It's fitted to his body perfectly. He smiles at me as he walks down and I swear I feel my heart melt.

He stops opposite me and Emilio kisses his cheek before he sits in his seat on the front row.

"You look beautiful," I say as the officiator gets ready.