Chapter 12 - It's Just a Job

Vincent's pov
Saturday 15th May 2021
********************************

I'm so nervous. Me and Alessandra are waiting for the second pregnancy test to show us if she's pregnant. The first one was negative so we tried again with more viagra. Thankfully I didn't pass out that time.

"What if it's negative again?" I ask as she paces the room. We left the test in the bathroom until it's finished showing us the answer and she has to keep me out until the timer goes off.

"We try again if it is negative," She says and I sigh.

The timer goes off and we both rush to the bathroom to see the test says negative.

"Cazzo!" I swear as I throw the test in the bin.

"Calm down, we can try again," she says but I storm out of the bathroom and drop onto the bed.

"Why is my life like this?" I ask to no one in particular. I hear a knock on the door and my papà opens the door and walks in. I sit up quickly as he looks at the hickies on my chest from Damian yesterday. He looks at Alessandra and she looks terrified of him but she smiles as if she gave me the marks.

"Ciao papà," I say as I stand up, pulling my sweatpants up as they have ridden down.

"I have a job for you, get dressed," he says and I nod quickly. He leaves and I let out a sigh of relief.

"He's so scary," Alessandra says quietly.

"Yeah," I say with a sigh as I search through my wardrobe for a button up shirt that I roll the sleeves of. I put on some jeans and grab my phone and keys before I say goodbye to Alessandra.

I go to papà's office and knock on the door. He tells me to come in and I see him at at his desk and typing on his computer.

"We found a mole. The son of another family who was pretending to be a footman. He's in warehouse 4 I need to you get out this list of information," he says and hands me a list. I look down it and nod.

"I'll come see you when I am done," I say and he waves me off. I go to my car and drive to warehouse 4 which takes a while because I forget which is which.

Eventually I get the right warehouse and go inside, following a security guard down to the basement. My heart races when I see the man tied to a chair, blood dripping down his face from his broken nose.

"Ciao," I say and he looks up to me.

"I'm not going to talk," he spits.

"Yes you will. I have plenty of ways to make you talk," I say as I move a small table with everything I'll need for him. There's two guards here with guns so I don't worry about not being safe, they'll shoot him if anything happens.

"Fuck you," he says and I roll my eyes.

"Now, which family are you a part of?" I ask and he glares at me. "I'll break this information out of you."

"Try it," he growls. I look over the things I have and decide on pliers.

"Which teeth do you want gone?" I ask and he doesn't say anything. I prepare myself and grab one of his front teeth with the pliers, twisting forcefully. He screams as blood pours down from his mouth and I drop his tooth onto the metal tray.