Chapter 21 - Second in Command

Vincent's pov
Thursday 24th June 2021
********************************

"Giovanni is awake," Emilio tells me over the phone.

"I'll be there soon, is he okay?" I say as I get out of Damian's bed.

"He's talking but he's still weak and in pain," he tells me and I sigh in relief. At least he's not brain damaged, losing a lot of blood can do that sometimes.

"Me and Damian will be half an hour," I say and hang up. "Giovanni is awake and okay," I tell Damian.

"That's great. Remember you have to call Alessandra," he says and I nod.

"I'll call her at the hospital," I say and walk to the bathroom, my hand on my lower back as a throbbing pain covers my ass. Damian fucked me very hard last night which I loved at the time but I'm regretting it now. Maybe we shouldn't have done the other three rounds.

"Let me help," he says and holds my arm as I limp into the shower stall. We shower together, his hands rubbing shower gel on my body to clean off the mess from last nights "fuck fest" as he called it.

"Are you sore?" He asks me when we get out and dry off.

"A little," I answer and he gets out the cream he can put on my asshole to help the pain. I bend over so he can put it on and when he's done I give him a kiss and go into the bedroom. I get dressed in a button up shirt and tight fitted dress pants because I'm going to see Leonardo later on and I need to look formal.

"Is your eye okay?" I ask when I see Damian looking in the mirror at his bruise.

"It's painful but it'll be okay," he says but I turn his face so I can look at it myself.

"It's still very red inside. Tell me if it gets worse," I say and he nods.

"Yes boss," he says with a cheeky smile. I roll my eyes because he's making fun of the fact I'm called boss by a lot of people who work for me now.

"Let's go and see Giovanni," I say and kiss him before we go out to the car. I drive to the hospital as Damian holds my hand and rubs circles with his thumb. I don't know what I would do without him by my side.

We get to the hospital and go to Gio's room where I can here Enzo arguing with someone. I open the door and see Enzo shouting to a nurse as Emilio tries to calm him down.

"Enzo! Calmati!" I shout at him and he looks over with a furious look.

"Gio is in pain and they will not help!" He argues.

"They are doing their best. Now sit down and shut up," I say with a glare. He takes a deep breath and sits down to let me talk to the nurse. "How is Giovanni?"

"He's doing good, he'll be in pain for a while as his body heals but we've given him morphine and it'll kick in soon," she says and I thank her.

"Ciao," I say to Gio and he smiles slowly.

"Ciao," he says in a quiet voice. He looks very pale still but at least he's smiling and talking with me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Sore, but I am getting better," he says and gives me another smile.