A Smile

"Tadaa! Behold, my kitchen!" Kuga cheered, gesturing to the large kitchen, filled with various tools. The scent of spices and herbs was quite strong, but it didn't smell bad, it actually smelled quite fragrant.

Your eyes sparkled at the sight of the grand kitchen. This kitchen was bigger than the one your uncle had, not the same as the one your grandpa made for you, but this was still something.

"Woah..." His breath hitched, staring directly in your face, making you furrow your brows in embarrassment. "That was the first time I saw you smile!" You immediately slapped your hands in your mouth, hiding your face from him. "Aw~ don't hide it! It's cute!"

'W-what's this?!' You asked yourself, oppressing the grin that was gradually forming in your face. 'Me?! S-smile!? There's no way! There's no way-!'

"BWAHAHAHA!" Your thoughts were interrupted by Kuga's obnoxious laugh. "YOu should see your face!! You look like you just got caught nude!! AHAHAHAH!!! You sure show the weirdest faces, (Y/N)-chin!!!"

'LIKE HELL! FUCK HIM!' You growled, giving him the finger. 'Go suck a dick!'

"Woah! No need to be so harsh!" He said, still giggling like a maniac. "I brought you here to cook! Why don't we have a cook off!?" He declared, taking two aprons, throwing you the other one. "I, Kuga Terunori, the eighth seat, challenge you, (L/N)(Y/N) to an unofficial shokugeki!"

You were surprised by his sudden challenge at first, but a smirk found its way in your lips, nodding with his request for a shokugeki. You put on the apron, tying your hair.

"So, what's our theme?" He asked, clapping his hands and three people made their way to the kitchen. "These three will be our judge." You nod, thinking of a theme.

But before you could even think of something, one of the maids raised her hand. "Um... young master... you used all up everything in the fridge last night when you cooked..."

"Ah." Well there goes the shokugeki Kuga so proudly announced. "Well then... this was something I didn't know could happen. Imagine that. Me, running out of ingredients." He chuckled awkwardly, hiding his embarrassment, but it was so obvious that the maids felt sorry for him.

You sighed, shaking your head. You went over to their pantry, looking at whatever was here. 'Are you serious. Just spices? Nothing else?' You sighed, going to the fridge and looking inside. 'Aha!'

"(Y/N)-chin? What are you doing?" Kuga asked, peering over your shoulder. "Oh, are you going to make something?" You nod, closing the fridge and placing the milk, butter, eggs, and chocolate on the counter.

'Right. Flour and sugar....' You tugged on Kuga's shirt, thinking of a way to tell him you need flour and sugar. 'Guess I'll just have to find it...' You moved to the other pantries, looking for the things you need.

"What are you looking for?" Kuga asked, looking at the others. You didn't answer and just kept on looking. "You know this is my kitchen. I know where my things are. Just tell me."

He was right. You were basically looking for a needle in a haystack. This was his territory, you wouldn't know where the things were. You motioned for him to come closer. Once he was close enough, you leaned in his ear.

"...flour... sugar..." You whispered, ignoring the weird skip your chest made.

"Okay! You should've said so in the first place!" He said, going to a cabinet and taking the flour and sugar, putting them on the counter. "Is there something else?"

You shook your head, taking a few ramekins on the top shelf, he wouldn't even reach it if you asked him. You tugged on his apron, making him look over to you. You pointed to the maids, biting your lip. He nodded, understanding what you meant and made them go away.