Braid

"Ah! What the hell are you doing back there, Kuga?!" You complained, gripping on the pillow. [yo wtf]

"Sorry, it's just too tight!" He said, gripping your hair tighter than before.

"T-then just make it loose..." You muttered, biting your lip.

"I am trying to..." He grumbled, panting for air. [YYYOoooOoOOOooOO]

"Well you better hurry up or you'll be pulling off my hair!" You exclaimed, turning around and glaring at Kuga. "Hurry up with that braid!" [i will strangle you](fufufu)

"Hey I'm trying my best here!" He argued, trying to get rid of the hair tie that he tied too tightly that he's been struggling for the past five minutes.

"What are you doing here anyway?" You asked, resting your head on your palm as you two sat on your bed. You were peacefully on your laptop when he suddenly barged into your room saying he wanted to try and style your hair. "Don't you have anything else to do? You came here with your members, go play with them!"

"They went with mamie to play mahjong!" Kuga exclaimed, freeing your hair from the messy braid he did. "It's totally boring here! Won't you play with me, (Y/N)-chin? Wanna play poker? Chess? Go?"

"Those are all strategy games, can you even play them?" You snickered. "And don't call mamie mamie. She's my mamie. Call your own mamie mamie."

"Well, she was the one who told me to call her that... so no can do!" He cheered, brushing your hair thoroughly. "You know... your hair is very long. Like super. When was the last time you cut your hair?"

"Dunno." You answered, looking out the window. "I have a bad memory. I can't remember a lot of things. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. But..." You paused, remembering that voice. "Someone said they liked my hair... so I let it grow out..."

"Hm..." Kuga hummed, braiding your hair again, but this time it was better than last time. "Well... that person is right then. Your hair is pretty."

There was a moment of complete silence that enveloped the room. You felt your heart skip a beat, it felt like that moment when you miss a step on the stair, but better and you won't die.

'Hm... signs of premature death...' You thought ignorantly, completely missing the pink-tinted face of Kuga behind you. 'I guess I should ask my doctor about it...'

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

"Mon ange, we're back!" Cécil cheered as she and the others made their way to the garden holding various bags in their hands. Looks like they went shopping. "We went to buy some snacks! Do you want some? We bought... why are you two so... quiet...?"

You and Kuga were three seats apart, both on your phones and not talking or arguing. There was also an awkward silence and neither of you made any eye contact. Cécil tilted her head to the side, wondering what could've happened.

"I'll be right back..." She said, placing what she was holding on the table and she made her way inside, calling for the butler. It didn't take long for him to find her. "Tanaka, what happened to mon ange and Terunori while we were out?"

"W-well, after the young miss gave you her goodbye kiss, she went to her room. But after a few minutes, Kuga-sama came to me and asked for hair accessories." Tanaka explained. "Kuga-sama went to the young miss' room and they were there for two hours until they both came out for lunch and then went to the garden... and, well, that's what all I know, madam."

"Oh..." Cécil said, crossing her arms and thinking. "So something did happen..." She and Tanaka put their heads together and thought of various scenarios of what happened. "Maybe they ki-"

"I hardly believe that, madam..." Tanaka sweatdropped. "It might be... that Kuga-sama complimented the young miss." He began to explain, Cécil listening intently. "Since our young miss was never complimented other than family members, I believe that she's feeling confused."

"Oh, I see!" Cécil cheered, finally understanding what happened. "So they like each other-"

"Madam!" Tanaka cut her off again. "Please refrain from assuming... let's wait until their relationship progresses further."

"Okay!" Cécil nodded as they made their way back to the garden. "I want him as my grandson-in-law!"

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

"Mon ange, did something happen while mamie was out?" Cécil asked, giving you and Kuga a smoothie. "You can tell mamie if something's bothering you."

You took your cup and began to sip from the straw while shaking your head at your mamie. 'Everything is wrong, mamie...' You sigh, letting your head rest on your palm. 'I message my doctor, he asked me what caused it and I told him. He said that it's not something bad, in fact, he said it was good. He gave me the laughing emoji and a thumbs up. What does that mean...'

"..." Kuga didn't utter a word and just kept on sipping on his cup, avoiding Cécil and his RS member's curious gazes. "It's nothing..."

'Something definitely happened...' They all thought as Kuga hid his face. 'But what...'

"Boys." Cécil called, motioning for the RS members and they huddled in a circle. "So, any suggestions with what we should do?"

"Well, we haven't seen the chief like this before..." One said and the others nodded in agreement. "But..." He trailed off, making the others wonder. "Last year. Right after that day, he was also like this."

"Hm? What was that day?" Cécil asked. Everyone looked around each other, not knowing how to answer it. Well, it is quite touching to their Chief. "Oh, if you don't want to tell then it's alright! Mon ange also has secrets and I won't pry!"

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

'It's so awkward...' You thought, placing your empty glass on the table, still not looking over to Kuga. 'Ah... it's so awkward...' You repeated, hearing your mamie and the other's murmuring in their little circle. You sigh, sitting up and leaving the garden, not noticing the eyes that followed you.

You sigh another time, holding into your braided hair that had floral decoration. You felt light-hearted thinking of what happened. But, it also made you feel a nervous wreck and you want to punch someone right now. But it made you want to have a skip on your step. And you never ever had a skip in your step ever since getting your own baking tools.

'Ah... did he really...' Your face felt warm. 'He did... didn't he...' You took your hair, placing it close to your face, smelling it. It smelled like your shampoo, of course. But...

"Your hair is pretty..."

Yes, that made your heart flutter. Yes, it made your face warm. And yes... it made you happy. But that wasn't the only thing...

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

After Kuga braided your hair, he put some flower hairpins. You turned around to inspect it, but the moment you did, Kuga's eyes were trained into yours. He looked serious. Not a hint of that playfulness he usually has.

He took your hair, placing it in his lips, his eyes not leaving yours.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

A noise left your mouth as you sunk to the ground, hugging your knees close. You sighed, hugging your hair.

'Ah... why is this happening?' You asked yourself.

But, just a few ways away from you was Kuga.

'Ah... I just did that... didn't I?' He thought, touching his lips. 'Fuck.'