Dinner

'Okay... where the hell am I?' You asked yourself as you watched Kuga's men rearrange the dining room for today's dinner. Just last night you saw that this place looked normal, European styled dining hall but now... It looked like China decided to stop by!

"Hello (Y/N)-chin!!" That friendly cheer greeted you as Kuga emerged from the kitchen, already in his cooking attire. "So, what do you think? It took us the whole morning to finish this!"

'So that's why I got breakfast in bed...' You thought as you looked around. It still had signs of the old dining room, it's just there are more Asian designs. Like that screen that you have no idea where they got. Or the plants that you didn't know that were here. Or the chairs, or the paintings. It honestly baffles you how he did this.

"So, do you like it? You gotta dress for the occasion!"He cheered, taking your hand and dragging you to the table and helping you sit down, showing you a menu. "So I already planned the menu and everything! Even the dessert! I wanted to ask you to make dessert but Masafumi clearly told me not to... so that's a waste... but just so you know, I'm gonna show you what being the eight seat means."

You scoffed with a smile, "Alright. Show me what you can do, midget."

He smirked, standing up from his place and walking next to you. He took your hand, giving you a wink and kissing it lightly. "I'll see you tonight, my empress."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

'Hm... my heart won't calm down...' You thought as you held your chest. It's nearly time for dinner and you've already changed and everything. It's just, you just can't seem to calm your heart. Since it would be a family dinner with guests, of course, you had to dress up. You were a white dress adorned with flowers to go with the summer vibe.

You shook your head. This was not the time for that. The guests will be arriving in just a few moments, you can't just slack off, especially if you're the family host. You walked over to the door, taking a deep breath and opening it.

"Teru..?" You asked the boy in front of you who looked like he was about to knock. '...Woah... he looks... nice...'

Kuga wore a formal suit, which surprised you. It was just a black waistcoat under a white dress shirt, black pants, and dress shoes. He looked so different wearing something so formal. He usually looked so wild. Although his hair stayed the same.

"U-uh... hi..." He muttered, scratching the back of his head, suddenly feeling frustrated. When his eyes laid on you, he felt his breath hitch and his heart pound. You looked so beautiful and charming to him. "You look so... b-beautiful..."

"T-thanks..." You replied, your voice suddenly disappearing from you. "Y-you look g-great too... Teru..."

He coughed awkwardly and extended a hand, his cheeks tinted a shade of pink. You bit your lip, suppressing the smile you were feeling and took his hand. It was quite amusing to be next to him at the moment, you were heels and your height was already super noticeable with flats.

"You know... you look so small." You said as you two walked along the halls, making your way to the stairs.

"Hey, don't tease me. I'm nervous because of your grandfather." He scoffed, linking your arm with his. "Honestly... he may look so friendly and calm... but I swear he's the devil in disguise."

He shivered, feeling scared of meeting the old man once again. But you just chuckled, finding him cute and adorable. Oh well, he's this clingy to you now...

Might as well keep him.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

In all of your years of living, in all of your seventeen years of living and majority of it studying had never prepared you for this. The couple right in front of you, Teru's parents, were here, greeting with a smile.

"Oh, hello. I'm Kuga Tetsuo." The man wearing the black suit introduced himself. He had short, dark brown hair swept to the side. He had the same red-wine eyes as Teru.

"And I'm Kuga Nori. A pleasure to meet you!" The tall woman wearing the maroon-red evening dress. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes. And her smile mirrored her son's.

'What the fuck?' You asked yourself as you examined their hair. You turned to Terunori, who seemed to be close to screaming about his parents being here. Then back to the parents. 'WHAT. THE. FUCK. THE HAIR. FUCKING. HAIR.'

"Ah, well, how nice!!" Teru exclaimed as he stood between him and his parents. "Now that (Y/N)-chin met you two, it's time for us to go to the dining hall while we wait for the other guests! Come on, let's go, let's go!! Pay no mind to them, (Y/N)-chin!!"

He kept laughing, trying to take you away from the three adults. But the hand on his shoulder made him stop and return to a poised heir of the Kuga family.

"I shall lead you all to the kitchen. Please follow me, mother, father." He said 'politely with a nervous smile. He was walking almost robotic as you all made your way to the dining hall, your grandmother chatting with Teru's mother and father, leaving you and Teru alone. He whispered, "God I'm so scared..."

"Hey, I thought you were gonna show me what being in the eighth seat was like?" You whispered, not wanting the others to hear. He complained, saying this was more nerve-wracking than it looks like. "Don't worry, I'm sure you can do it... of course not as great as me."

You flashed him a smirk, him returning you another one.

"We'll see about that." He said, standing right outside the dining room. He took your hand again, placing a kiss, this time a bit longer than before. "I'll challenge you to an official Shokugeki back at school, then we'll settle things then. Deal, empress?"

"Deal, eighth seat." You reapplied in a whisper. "Then, I'll be looking forward to-"

"Took you long enough." Kuga froze at the voice. "My, my, Kuga Terunori, great to see you again." Poor boy began to sweat bullets as he faced your grandfather and uncle's glare from the table. "We've been waiting here for a while..."

"So you're my dear (Y/N)'s friend..." Yvon grumbled from the side, giving a glare on the male beside you. "Hello. Nice to meet you, Kuga-san. I'm (L/N) Yvon. (Y/N)'s uncle. I'm looking forward to what you prepared."

"Oh, you two boys need to stop your teasing!!" Cécil interrupted as she was led to her seat on the circular table, along with the Terunori's parents. Terunori helped you sit down, but still avoiding the glares of your grandpa and uncle.

"Now that everyone's here," Masafumi began, still stroking the long beard that he refuses to cut. "I would like to welcome the Kuga family to this dinner. As of today, the (L/N) and Kuga families are great friends! To friendship!"

"Cheers!" The adults said, clicking their small wine cups. Since it was Chinese cuisine, Terunori made sure that everything would be Chinese themed.

"Thank you for coming today, Kuga-san." Masafumi continued with a smile. "And thank you for Terunori, Totsuki Academy's own eighth seat for preparing the food for tonight's dinner."

"Y-yes... thank you. It was a great honor." Kuga grumbled, not liking the formal talk. But there's nothing he can do right now. He stood up nervously, calling for his members to serve. "Today's dinner was prepared and made with ingredients from the (L/N) estate."

He explained every dish that was brought. He explained the food much as he does during a shokugeki. From the ingredients to the special methods he used. And before long, every food was placed on the turntable.

And the thing you noticed the most, the thing that you hated the most.

Spicy food.