Shackles

Yeet im back

~·~·~·~

Years and years of not meeting her, you felt so... unsafe... and... So uncertain... you should be happy, shouldn't you? Normal children get happy when they see their parents after years and years of not meeting each other. So why couldn't you?

"Look, you look absolutely wonderful!" Your mother cheered, her hand gently brushing through your long hair. Her eyes were trained on your reflection on the mirror, all dolled up for a special occasion. "Look at you, so beautiful. Like mother, as they say, isn't that right?"

"..." You went to open your mouth to answer, but you immediately shut it close as a flash from oh so long ago crossed your mind. You turned your head away from her, your eyes glancing over to her bag on the corner where your phone was currently held in.

She took your phone and limited your contact with people. You haven't even seen your uncle and grandparents this past three days. Just the whole three days with her in her hotel. You two spent most of the time outside, shopping, and going out to eat at high-end restaurants.

'It's so annoying.' You thought. You wanted to say it out loud, say it to the woman in front of you. But you didn't have the courage nor the heart to do it. What kind would you be if you were to break your dear mother's heart? 'I want to get out... I want to go to Teru... but I can't...'

"Look at this, (Y/N)," (M/N) called, walking back to the mirror and showing you a small box. A red velvet box. She opened it to reveal a set of expensive jewelry. Silver and diamonds. "Come here, mother bought this gift for you. You'll be wearing this to tonight's banquet, understand?"

You nodded without much choice as she began to put the necklace on your neck. You lowered your head, letting her lock it behind. Or maybe... you just wanted to avoid her gaze... so that she doesn't see you...

So that she doesn't see the tear that was forming on your eyes... 'I just... want to go back... to everyone...'

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

You stood to the side, ignoring the people's gazes and their urge to speak with you. It was the banquet held at every end of the festival, it was an invitation only party and it was very hard to get an invite to. Of course, you naturally get one every year, not like you ever went in the first place.

But today, you weren't there with your win invitation, you were here with your dear old mother...

And all around you were just another set of people wanting to get close to your family, make connections, try and win favors. And all that shit.

But you weren't interested in that. None of those people interested you.

'Teru... where are you...' You looked around the hall filled with money hungry people, basically a bunch of Eizan's, ugh, what a nightmare. 'You should be here... you won first place overall...'

If you were going to see him, this was your only chance. You weren't going to have another chance if you were to miss it today.

"My, my, you must be the young miss of the (L/N) family," A cold and bone chilling voice asked. You could feel nails clawing at a board with his voice, it was so annoying and scary at the same time. "It is my pleasure to meet such a young talent, I believe that there's no need for any introductions?"

You knew this man. This man was one of the reasons that you did not attend school for the past three days. Nakiri Azami. The one who took the place as director of the school thanks to the majority of the elite ten.