Meeting One Another

*Josie*

"Josie, take these to the top floor." I nodded at my boss's request and placed all the four buckets of mail onto my cart. I quickly went to the elevator and waited for it. Right as I walked in, a man joined me. He was the man who had bumped into me yesterday. It was just him and I. I kept to myself but studied the man next to me. Even in his winter coat I could tell how skinny he was. He was on his phone so he didn't notice me. He had dark hair and sharp features. He was kind of cute and the big ears poking out of the sides of his head were priceless. All the way up till we reached the top floor did he leave. I pushed my cart out with him and I watched as he made his way with large strides down to the last office on the floor. I made my round, dropping mail on every desk.

The holidays were at hand and I hadn't noticed a single Christmas decoration in the entire office building. What kind of man runs this business? Who doesn't like Christmas? I've been working here for two weeks now, and still nothing. Christmas was only in a few days.

I got to the last desk but two peoples' mail was left in my buckets. "Um," I began, "do you know where I can find Harry Robinson? There seems to only be one desk here." The beautiful brunette looked up at me and I swallowed hard. She looked just like Ryan's lover. Or I was just imagining it. Lately, almost every tall, gorgeous brunette reminds me of the girl who stole my ex boyfriend's heart.

The woman pointed to the door across from her. On it read. Mr. Robinson.

"Oh, thank you," I heard a snicker come from her but I ignored it. I plopped her mail on her desk then I walked right into the office. I heard the woman stand up and gasp but I ignored that too. I walked right into the room not knowing that with the door wide open every eye in the office was on me.

I simply plopped the large stack of mail letters on the man from earlier's desk. He looked up at me and for a second, as cliche as it sounds, his golden-brown eyes sparkled, and my green ones couldn't look away. He suddenly stood up and I gripped the handle of my mail cart.

"Can I help you?" I asked. The man vigorously nodded. My eyes widened as he walked across the room and shut his door.

"You're that girl, aren't you, from all those years ago?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I don't know," I racked my brain for a memory of this man but nothing was coming up.

"Cambridge, England, about five years ago." He came closer to me and slipped his hands into his oversized slacks' pockets. I squinted my eyes and turned my head. "I've lost some weight since the last time you saw me." He grabbed the sides of his shirt and held them out sideways. I nodded in recognition. Dang, the man had really lost weight. I wondered if he was still wearing the same clothes from five years ago.

"I remember now. You were lying on the ground for some reason and I tripped over you—oh! I remember now! You were watching the clouds dance." He shyly smiled down at his feet and nodded.

"I was in my last year of school when I met you."

"And now look at you!" I held up my arms in praise. He blushed again.

"Well, I remember that you were down in England for a college trip ... " he trailed off and looked me up and down. Obviously I hadn't become as successful as him as the name tag on my blouse read Mail Room Employee.