Being Sick

*Harry*

I felt awful after I had gone downstairs and found no Josie and ran back upstairs and found my lovely wife sitting in bed with a box of tissues.

"Aw-choo!" She cried into a tissue.

"Hey, Josie, are you sick?" I asked defeated. I made sure to avoid her when I was sick but I guess she still got it. She nodded with a lazy smile. "Can I get you anything?"

"Oh, no, I can get it myself." She swung the covers over and wrapped a lengthy sweater more around herself. "You have work. It's almost time for you to leave." Her hair was in a messy bun and for the first time I saw her wearing sweatpants. Or pajama bottoms. But she was always semi-dressed up around me. It's not that I minded I actually like how comfortable she is getting around me.

Josie was almost to me when she stopped and grabbed her head. "Ahhh! I stood up too quickly!" She started to rock and I quickly came to her in case her knees decided to give out. She smiled up at me with that lazy look and placed her hands on my chest. I looked down at her and loved the height difference between us. She is so cute. She's a little curvy for her size but she's tiny.

"Thanks," she said but she didn't get out of my arms. I didn't want to let go and she didn't seem to want to leave. I made eye contact with her. Now kiss her. What am I doing? She's sick! I let go of her and grabbed her shoulders instead. I walked her out of the room and helped her down the stairs as she grabbed the railing. I wonder if I can lift her. Being married to her for over three weeks has allowed me to gain some what weight. I bet I could do it. But would she want me to? Would she get upset if I scooped her up? What if I dropped her and hurt her and the baby!?

"I just need some water." I let go of her once we got downstairs and she just glided to the kitchen cupboard that held the glass cups. "Did you do the dishes last night?" I nodded. "Harry, I can't reach the glass cups." I smiled at her cute height of only 4'11" then came to her rescue.

"I apologize. Sometimes I forget I'm living with a dwarf." She bumped me as I reached up and grabbed her a glass. I looked down at her and blushed at her nearness. She was practically leaning on me!

"You sure can be mean sometimes."

"I'm just teasing you. You're a cute dwarf, how about that?" She giggled. Then her face went pale and she ran to the guest bathroom. I walked in there with her glass of water. I squatted down and rubbed her back. Once she was done she flushed the toilet but didn't get up. She fell instead into me. "I'm so worn out." She said with her eyes closed. I didn't know what to do or say. She wrapped her sweater more firmly around herself.

"Can I make you some hot chocolate?" She smiled up at me and nodded.

I lifted her up to her feet and guided her into the kitchen. She leaned against the counter as I got the hot water ready.

"Can you help upstairs? I want to go brush my teeth." I nodded and linked arms with her. I helped her to the bathroom and stupidly watched her. Right now would have been a perfect time to go brush my own teeth but I had already done that. I was all ready for work. Work!

I looked down at my watch and frowned. I was already ten minutes late. I guided my wife back downstairs just in time for the kettle to be whistling. I mixed a hot chocolate packet with hot water and cold milk. Then I gave it to her.