Forgiveness

*Harry*

I got up the next morning for work late. I found many missed calls and messages from Liza on my muted phone. I got dressed and once I was done, Josie was awake.

"I'll see you at lunch." She looked up at me in surprise. "Remember, I told you there would be repercussions."

She nodded. "What else is there?"

"Well," I shoved my hands into the pockets of my black slacks. "I wish I could request you to never see, speak, or even stay in contact with Ryan but ... I can't bring myself to denying the baby the right to know who his father really is."

"Harry, I won't talk or see Ryan again. He doesn't deserve to raise this baby or even see him. I don't want that. You're the one who'll be raising him. You're going to be this baby's father."

"Do you say that so that I'll accept the two of you?"

"What?"

"Are you just saying that so that I will always be willing to provide for you and our son?"

"Harry, I don't plan on smooching off of you. You know that that is not why I married you. I married you for a deal. But that deal soon turned into love. I hope I never do something stupid enough that it makes you leave me or our son." A tear came down Josie's round cheek, and me being the sucker that I will always be, came and sat down beside my wife. I kissed her forehead and hugged her. She squeezed me back and got my white shirt wet. I patted her back before getting up and leaving for work.

At lunch, Josie came to my office. "I brought you a BLT."

"Thanks." She gave me the simple, brown, gift bag and I placed it on my desk.

"How is work so far?"

"It's good. A little boring." We stood there awkwardly, waiting for one or the other to say something.

"Be home early tonight. I'm making a delicious dinner." I smiled and nodded. Josie blushed and brushed a piece of her beautiful, blond hair behind her dainty ear then turned to leave. Turned on by her beauty and kindness, I stood up from my desk and took large strides toward my wife. I grabbed her hand and tugged her in for a kiss. She then pushed me against the wall as I pulled her closer and closer to me. I walked us over to my desk and once we were there, I lifted her up onto the mahogany. I pushed her down with my lips on top of my paperwork as I split her legs. Lucky enough, she was wearing a pretty spring dress.

After she left and my zipper was up, I couldn't wait to get back home.

Liza and I went over the stupid leak of Josie's and my confidential life and I was to have a meeting with Mr. Halliday on Monday.

"You will have to come out with the fact that Josie's baby is not yours. You also need to give a statement of how you have forgiven your wife for her infidelity. As soon as we clear that up, all will be back to normal."

I nodded at my secretary's words once I was done placing things back into my briefcase.

"I understand. I will get going on that statement. When is the quarterly press conference?"

"June."

"Right ... let's see. Set up a press conference that fits with our new launch. That will give us the excuse of having one and it may be a time for reporters to question personal life stuff, too, yes?"