Sophia's Secret

*Sophia*

"Sophia's a sweet girl." I heard Josie say as I laid on Harry's bony lap. His hand rested on my waist as we sat on the couch having just finished a movie. Josie sat in a lazy boy chair as Harry and I sat on the main couch.

"She is," Harry said as he stroked my hair with his other hand. My eyes were closed and I hadn't moved for the past ten minutes. I came to the conclusion that they thought I was asleep.

I kept my breathing even, and listened as I fake slept.

Harry's large hand felt so good on my scalp. I wanted to smile in my "sleep".

"I hope she's not after you for your money." Josie said. Now I wanted to frown in my sleep.

Harry didn't stop, probably assuming I liked his smoothing affection.

"I know she isn't."

"How?"

"Well, it was actually my father who came up with the plan. I flew Sophia here but rented an old apartment. I had paid a company to come and furnish it with old furniture then I called up Carl to make it look lived in and also to rough up the room. Hah, I was dumbly the one who was surprised by my 'way of living' than Sophia was. She acted like I was normal and everything. I then rented an old car and it broke down a few times. Embarrassingly enough, Sophia knows her way around a car better than I do. Hah. I would leave her at the apartment when I had to go to work. I did however, grab a vest from the mail room and said that I worked as one of the delivery boys at the office."

Josie laughed. I knew that she had worked that exact position when she worked for Harry, so I understood why she would probably be laughing.

"So she thought I was poor." I felt Harry shrug. "And she was perfectly fine with it." It was quiet.

"You trust her." Josie finally said.

"I do." Harry's hand stopped.

My heart began to quicken as I heard Harry turn the TV off. And it wasn't due to his actions, it was due to his words. I didn't expect the man to trust me as much as he claimed to. And it's not that he explained his trust. He didn't have to. Anyone could hear his passion in his tone of voice. I meant a lot to him. And I was ashamed of it. Because I have not been honest with him fully. It has nothing to do with him being rich. I don't care if he was poor. He and I clicked right away. After that night of being with him, I felt something. And after spending a whole day with him and another night of just cuddling, it felt so right.

Sure, he wasn't honest with me when we first came here but he was only protecting his heart. That's understandable. But what am I protecting? Myself? Myself from what? Rejection? That's probably it. I don't want him to send me back to Great Britain. I want to be with him.

But if I tell him, then he will probably think I set it up so that he would have to stay with me and not send me away. He'd probably think I really am after his money.

Man, I don't know what to do.

What do I do?

"Hey, Soph—" I shot up and that really surprised my boyfriend. Josie seemed just as surprised as she barely got herself out of the chair she was sitting in being overly pregnant and all.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted. I didn't give myself time to witness anyone's reaction because I grabbed a pillow and covered my face. "Before you kick me out the door," I began in a muffled tone, cheeks flaming red and sweat already making it's way down my forehead, "I love you, Harry. I know we've only known each other for two weeks. But I love you. I know you're a millionaire. But that doesn't matter to me. If you want to send me back to Great Britain fine. I'm not asking for money or trying to guilt trip you into staying with me because I'm carrying your child. Please believe me. You said you trust me and I found out yesterday. I want you to keep on trusting me and I can't keep this secret to myself any longer. You deserve to know."

I clutched the pillow and when I felt him try to pull it away from my face, I tried resisting him.

"Soph, I'm not mad." He chuckled. "This is great!" I lowered the pillow myself and before I could respond, I was rammed into and flopped onto my back with squeezing arms and Harry's lips on my neck.

I heard Josie laugh. "Looks like you really are going to be a dad, Harry." She said. I smiled as I looked my boyfriend in the eye. His beautiful, golden-brown eyes.

"I love you, too, Soph. I want you to be in my life, and this baby."

*Harry*

I walked out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and found Sophia looking at herself in the long mirror just like Josie would. She was in booty shorts and a tank top. Her hand rested on her tummy as she stood sideways. I made my way to the bed in gym shorts and a t-shirt.

I climbed into bed and soon the light was turned out and a plump arm circled itself around my waist. Sophia gave my neck a peck, then she nuzzled her button nose into my back.

I thought about her news.

I was being given a chance to have the kid I always wanted and with someone I truly loved.

I grabbed Sophia's hand that was around my waist and brought it to my mouth. I kissed it and then left it there on my lips. I intertwined our fingers and just felt so at peace.

I wanted to take full advantage of this opportunity. I wasn't going to make mistakes or miss out on chances. I didn't want to repeat history but this isn't repeating it. I love Sophia. And I want to spend the rest of my life with her and the family we build.

"Marry me?" I asked into the dark. My question sounded pathetically hopeful like I was hanging on a thread and would die if she said no.

But then, a faint, "Okay," was heard behind me.

I turned onto my back and Sophia climbed onto me, straddling her thick thighs and resting her hands on my chest. I could barely make out her facial features or even her curves for that matter, but her silhouette was evident against the black canvas of the room.

She grabbed one of my hands and placed it on her slightly chubby belly. Even though she was no more than two weeks pregnant, I still caught my breath. Because ... my hand was resting on my baby.