My Thing with Ryan

*Josie*

Once Harry dropped me off in the lobby of the large business building, I sat on Netflix watching a Korean Drama while eating a bag of grapes. We had just eaten lunch with my dad but I was always hungry.

An hour passed by and I didn't feel like watching another episode. K-Drama episodes can sometimes be an hour long and my arms were cramping at having to hold my phone. I didn't have any headphones so I had subtitles on. But I soon switched to a book on Kindle and counted down the minutes left in Harry's meeting.

"Josie?" My eyes sat on a single word on my phone as my mind wandered off to recognition of that deep voice.

I slowly looked up and my eyes fell on and took in the man before me. Ryan. His blond hair slicked back, his suit hugging his muscular frame, and his eyes ... oh his eyes. Those vibrant blue eyes that pull me in every time I see them.

"Ryan, hi." I stood up and walked over slipping my phone into a pocket of my dress. I folded my arms and smiled at my ex-boyfriend. "It's good to see you."

"You, too." He nervously smiled and scratched the spot that bore his tattoo. "Why are you here?"

"Harry had a meeting with a client here." Ryan nodded. He went to say something but stopped himself. "How have you been?" He slightly blushed and looked away.

"Missing you," he avoided my eyes as I knew that mine displayed guilt. Not so much guilt but ... pity.

"I'm sorry," I softly said, practically a whisper.

"How are you?" He finally met my eyes.

"I've been good. Harry and I are good." He nodded.

It was quiet for a minute until he said, "Are you happy with him?" By the look in Ryan's ocean eyes I knew he still had feelings for me. Real and raw feelings for me. Part of me convinced myself that he still loved me.

"I am." I won't let his charm get to me. I love Harry, my husband.

"Is he happy with you?"

"Yes."

"What makes you happy with him and not me?"

"You cheated on me, Ryan."

"You cheated on Harry."

"But that was a misunderstanding."

"You still jumped at the first chance to get pay back. He was drunk and framed. He doesn't seem like a guy who would cheat on you. Which means you never even had faith in him in the first place."

"Well what else do you expect of me? I've had three boyfriends in my life and they all cheated on me." He looked hurt by my words. "You were one of those guys, Ryan. You all three did this to me. But I trust Harry now. He's proved himself."

"How? Josie I love you. And you are carrying my child. A baby that is just as much mine as he is yours. We made him together. You may be carrying our baby boy but I helped. And it is beyond unfair that you keep him from me."

"I don't want him to turn out like you." I coldly added. Ryan tensed.

"I had my reasons to cheat on you. I was stupid and selfish and an idiot. But that doesn't mean my son should be taken from me. And you're certainty not dragging him away from me to another country."

"What? How do you know about that?" Ryan seemed dumbfounded.

"Elizabeth, Harry's secretary told me."

"Liza? Why?"

He looked hesitant to answer my question. "She's the one who arranged this meeting for Harry and my company."