The Press Conference

*Harry*

"Mr. Robinson, are you the father of Josie Mill's child?" A reporter asked.

"No, I am not." I answered before taking a sip of water on the rectangular desk that sat in front of a pool of reporters and cameras. I organized a press conference for a new launch my company was doing and I also added that I would reveal my love life.

"Mr. Robinson," another female reporter began, "why did you marry Josie Mill? And is your wife here tonight?"

"My wife is in the top seat behind all of you," everyone turned including the camera men, and my lovely wife awkwardly waved to everyone. "And as for your first question, Josie and I met years in advance in England. She moved to Washington a few months ago already pregnant. I um ... realized I still liked her and so married her."

"Why did you guys marry so soon?"

"Sir, does this have anything to do with the client Mr. Halliday?"

"Did she only agree to marry you for your money?"

"Did Josie Mill only marry you for the record deal?"

I cleared my throat and spoke over the next person. "Call it love at first sight. When I saw her after five years, I recognized her right away and knew she and I were destined to be together. Mr. Halliday did make it clear to me that he wanted a family man and I was at a stump but then Josie came and was already pregnant and I began believing that God was truly on my side and I have him to thank for all of my successes. As for my wife only marrying for my money, what woman doesn't marry for the money?" Everyone laughed and I sneaked a glimpse at my blushing wife. "No, she claims she didn't and I know she is a very humble woman. As for the record deal, my wife is an incredible singer and when I heard her singing for the first time I was in awe and fell more in love with her." A few people awed in the audience.

"Mr. Robinson, can you explain the events that were revealed at the Easter Gala the other night?"

"Did this reveal of Josie Mill and you lying about your marriage affect your contract with Mr. Halliday?"

"Are you and Josie Mill going to couple's therapy or planning on getting a divorce?"

"Is the baby's father involved at all?"

"The news that was revealed at the party was definitely unexpected. However, I knew of my wife's affair weeks before it was revealed to me. I myself was accused of cheating. That rumor is false. Never have I ever cheated on my spouse. Mr. Halliday and I are still business partners and no, the marriage between my wife and I did not affect our contract. My wife and I are not planning on getting a divorce and we are not receiving couple's therapy. We have put the matter in the past and are working on our marriage personally. Whether the biological father of our son will be involved in the boy's life is up to my wife. However, I plan on adopting the baby as my own."

The conference soon came to a close and I realized then that I was sweating through the seat of my pants. Josie came up to my and I smiled as we hugged. The paparazzi came by and we stood close as we smiled for the cameras.

"Josie Mill—" one reporter began, however, my wife cut them off.

"That's Josie Robinson." I smiled and squeezed her closer to my side.

"Mrs. Robinson, when can we expect the release of your first ever, coming up album?"

"Hopefully in two months at the least."

"Did you write all of the songs?"

"Yes,"

"Do you plan on pursuing music instead of becoming a partner in your husband's company?"