Dinner With The Hallidays

*Harry*

I helped Josie unpack and settle in then she helped me unpack and settle in since I had a few more things. Books, kitchen appliances, movies, CDs, and little trinkets is what we helped one another decide where to put. The pizza arrived and we watched a movie while eating it.

When we sat down for the movie, we sat about a foot apart. When I woke up the next morning, my arm was around Josie and she was snuggling into my chest. She fit so perfectly in my arms. I nudged her awake and she scrambled off of me.

"Sorry," I shook my head. I got ready for work and thought it be a good time to tell Josie to quit.

"Oh, you look so nice in your new, navy suit!" She came up to me upon seeing me descend the stairs.

"I think you should quit."

"And what, become a stay home mom?"

"No, you're going to be a singer. I just don't want to be married to my own company's mailroom girl." She blushed and looked down at her toes. She was still in the clothes from yesterday and I felt bad for not helping her to her bed last night when she fell asleep during the movie.

"Right. I'm okay with that."

"I'll tell your boss."

"Wait, are you going to tell everyone that we're married?"

"Well, I kind of have to. You're now the face of my company—don't worry, you don't have to give speeches or anything. You might get a few interviews every now and then but being the wife of a millionaire is different from being the wife of a politician or pop star. In fact, I should be the one worrying to be a husband of a singer. You'll get more crap from the press and the public being a singer than being my wife." I slipped on my winter coat after changing.

"So what am I supposed to do while you're at work?"

I shrugged. I gave her a credit card. "Buy whatever you want."

"Whatever?"

"Surprise me."

I went to work, and told Liza that I was married. She said that I had my dinner with Mr. Halliday tonight at five. I texted that to Josie and she texted back an okay emoji. Throughout the day, my phone kept buzzing as my wife kept buying things. At first I thought she would buy herself more clothes but I actually got a whole grocery list and ... Christmas decorations.

I told her to buy whatever she wanted. And I want her to be happy. I know she likes Christmas so I'm going to allow her to decorate my house with it. But man, when I get home, I am going to need some strong whisky.

*****

I got home at four and found the place covered like Santa's own shop was here. There were lights on the front of the house and inside there was a Christmas tree along with the delicious smell of cookies. I looked at the counter and found multiple cookies of different kinds. The kitchen had two ovens and Josie used that to her advantage. There was bread, cake, cupcakes, and cookies. The Christmas tree was real and the smell of it was strong. But there weren't any decorations on it.

I called out to Josie and she didn't respond. Then I heard music coming from upstairs in her bathroom. I went up there and went inside her room, not really thinking everything through.