Decorating For Christmas

*Harry*

"Mr. Robinson, has Mrs. Robinson been doing your shopping for you?" Liza asked. I nodded with a smile.

"How do I look?" I asked. I had taken off my jacket and hung it up and then Liza commented. Liza and I were very busy yesterday and she didn't have the time to point out my new clothes.

"Even skinnier than you are. But happier." She smiled and I saw it as she turned around. I sat down at my desk and looked at my phone, wondering if I would ever get a text from Josie. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. When I first pecked her was my very first kiss. And then she kissed me. She kissed me! Why can't her and I be in love? She pulled away abruptly too. If it was up to me, I would have kept kissing her. I must be a horrible kisser. Or she just doesn't like me in that way.

I should get her something for Christmas. But what do you get for a girl you've only known for less than five days? I called Liza in and she came at my call.

"Liza," I asked, "what should I get Josie for Christmas?"

"Nothing," my secretary crossed her arms. "You already got that girl a bunch of clothes, a ring, a house, and a life of luxury. She's fine. She should be wondering what to get you for Christmas. And I thought you hated the holiday."

"It's Josie's favorite one."

"You like her, don't you?" Liza grew a smug look on her face and sat on one hip.

"No, I just want to make her Christmas special. It will be her first Christmas married and in a different state. I want her to enjoy herself." Liza nodded and left the office without answering my question. Stupid assistant. I thought.

I went to my usual meetings and listened to the whisperings spreading around the building.

"Is Mr. Robinson actually wearing new clothes?"

"He looks so good with his hair slicked back like that."

"Is that a ring on his finger?"

"Have you heard? That mailroom girl he was hanging out with resigned."

"Do you think he had like an awakening or something?"

"He is so cute,"

"Do you think he's girlfriend searching?"

"Is that a ring on his finger?"

"Mr. Robinson looks so much more happy today."

Once I got home, I found even more lights on in the house and an even stronger smell of cookies.

"Josie, I'm home!" I called out once I entered the house. Tonight is Christmas Eve.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She called back. I walked towards the kitchen and found my beautiful wife swinging her hips to Christmas music while licking her finger which kept wiping some cookie mix off of a spatula. I smiled at her silliness and when she spotted me and didn't get embarrassed and stop. Instead she giggled and began to sing along to the music.

"What are you making?" I asked, coming up to her. She gave me the spatula and I took it. I licked the plastic spoon and hummed. "That's really good. Lemon. I like lemon." I looked around at all the many treats that Josie baked while I was at work. "What is this all for?" I asked.

"For a foster home. I also donated a lot of toys and clothes to them."

"Did you now. So, did you donate them, or did I?" I teased, leaning on my elbows on the counter.