Doubt

*Harry*

"Liza, thank you for being here tonight." I said to my assistant before she got into her car. My mother had left a few minutes earlier and when Liza announced she was leaving I offered to walk her out.

"No problem, boss. I'm always here for you." I smiled and she did, too. "Sooo," she smirked, "are you going to tell me about what you and your mom talked about?"

I slumped my shoulder, unsure if it was really any of my secretary's business. Who am I kidding? She already knows so much.

"Well, she told me about a fortune I have in London. A mansion and millions of dollars. The paperwork is in my office. I'll bring it by tomorrow." Liza nodded. I shoved my hands into my pockets and Liza turned her head not really impressed with the new money I inherited.

"Was there more?"

"Do you think Josie and I are right for each other?" I burst. Liza looked at me with wide eyes. Her eyes then searched for an answer around her then settled her beautiful blue irises on me.

"Knowing the kind of woman your mother is, of course she is going to place every kind of doubt in your mind about a girl like Josie."

"What do you mean a girl like Josie?"

"Well," Liza folded her arms, "you two have only known each other for like five months. That's not even half a year. She had an entirely different mind set than you. She dropped out of college, got pregnant out of wedlock. That's so not like you. From a young age you strived for greatness. You went to one of the most prestigious schools in the world, built a multimillionaire earning company in less than five years. I mean. Also, she's not into what you are." Liza shrugged.

I scoffed.

"Earlier you said I was your second had man. Not Josie. What does that say about you guys."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Liza studied me.

"I do," she said. "I believe that some of us have that ability or chance to just see someone and know you're supposed to be with them." She paused. "Do you feel that with Josie? Like you're meant to be together?"

"I don't believe in love at first sight. But I love Josie. When I first saw her I immediately recognized her as the girl I met so many years ago in England. And I spoke so fluently to her. I wanted to know her further."

Liza unfolded her arms. "Why did you forgive her for cheating on you?"

Why did I forgive her for cheating on me?

I looked away from the beautiful brunette in front of me and shook me head.

"I'm not over it, in all honesty. I still feel like a fool for forgiving her. Who knows what she's capable of doing in the future if something similar happens again? I just ... For the weeks we weren't talking I missed the old us. I missed my wife. I missed the feeling of having someone welcome me home with a kiss ... That's why I forgave her. I forgave her because I need her."

"Or you just need that love. Hear me out. It's not that you need Josie, but that you desire that perfect wife who will understand your worries and never doubt you." I looked Liza dead in the eye and took in a deep breath. "And Josie wants a perfect relationship too. But she doesn't want the perfect relationship you want. Perfect is different for everyone."

"And what is Josie's?"

"She wants a husband that is always around and ... isn't going to place the idea of cheating on her in her mind."

I released the breath I was holding and rubbed the bridge of my nose. "What do I do, Liza? I'm at such a cross roads. I love Josie but for someone who doesn't love me and hates Josie and for another who likes me and appreciates Josie to give me the same advice, ... I don't know what to do."

"You think I like you and appreciate Josie?"

"Don't you?" Liza smirked then folded her arms again and looked at her toes.

She then shook her head and scoffed. "Mr. Robinson, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

I nodded. "Okay. Oh, once again, sorry for getting you mixed up in my personal life."

"I don't mind, boss." With that she gave me a kind smile and climbed into her car then drove off. I turned back to the house with heavy feet. Upon entering my home, Josie came up to me.

"What did you and your mom talk about? She doesn't like me does she?" I kindly smiled and shrugged.

"She doesn't like me either. So don't feel obligated to get her to like you. Besides it doesn't matter. I'm not seeing her, hopefully, ever again."

Josie just nodded and rolled back and forth on her heels. "Sooo ... what did the two of you talk about? You up their for a long time."

I told Josie about the fortune in England but didn't tell her about what my mother said about her.

After I helped Josie clean up and waited for her in the shower, I sat on my bed and texted my secretary.

"Thanks for the advice. I'll take it into consideration."

"No problem. I'm always there for you if you need me."

"You are my Secretary after all,"

"Yep. You're right hand man."

I smiled at her text. Liza's a sweet girl. Sometimes I think I work her too hard. But she's never complained. And it's not like I'm one of those big, bad, know-it-all CEOs who boss their employees around along with their secretary.

No, thanks to Liza, I'm the man I am today at this very minute.

I heard the shower turn off and smiled wider when I saw Josie step out of the bathroom in just a towel that barely covered her tummy. She blushed in return and all doubt I had about loving her washed over me. My smile faltered, and she noticed.

She smirked and stepped delicately over to the bed until she was straddling me and my large hands were gripping her thick thighs.

Another set of thighs freakishly ran through my mind and I physically shook my head.

"Yer mom still on your mind?" Josie asked. I scrunched up my nose and smirked.

"No, silly. That she-devil is gone." Josie kissed me and I set my phone on the nightstand. I cuddled her and rested my hands on her stomach that wasn't even carrying my child.