Flirting

*Harry*

I got on the plane and sat next to Liza in Japan. Ten hours of sitting in the air, yay. I checked my phone one last time before putting it on airplane mode and became heavy chested when I didn't see anything from Josie. She didn't even buy anything today. I read a business book and looked over some paperwork until my eyes hurt. I looked out the window after putting my things away and thought of Josie.

"Liza," I began, turning towards her. She was reading a book, but put it aside immediately. I kind of felt embarrassed for my next question. "How—how do you impress a g—girl?" She smiled.

"Having trouble with the Mrs?" I shook my head.

"There is nothing wrong with Josie and I. I just ... I told you that I didn't want to be in a loveless marriage and I stupidly got myself into one."

"No you haven't."

"What?" Liza took a sip of her water bottle. She was in jeans and a sweater. I myself was in slacks and a jacket.

"You like her, right? So at least the loveless part is only one sided."

"That's not comforting."

"Okay, how to impress a girl ... Let's see. I think all I can say is just give her attention. That's all I can say to you. You have all the money in the world and if she isn't impressed by just that then leave her. Call her spoiled."

"A woman isn't spoiled if she doesn't like a man's money. She's actually the opposite."

"Fine, but you're wealthy, you bought her a house, you got her a record deal, and her kid is going to grow up spoiled. All I can say, is just give her your attention. Do you do that after work?" I looked out the window. "There's your problem. Mr. Robinson, are you scared?"

"Maybe. I'm scared she wants nothing to do with me. I'm scared she just wants to enjoy herself and take advantage of the opportunity I have given her in being rich and having anything she could ever ask for. I don't think she likes me as much as I like her."

"Didn't she call you the other day because she missed you? She even called me to check up on you. For all I can tell, she's kind of clingy." I turned to Liza.

"Is clingy good?"

"Some guys like that. But most don't." I nodded.

"So I should ... should stay home with her more often?"

"You could do that. But don't let her get in the way of your business. You've worked way too hard to let it just crumble because of some woman."

"You talk like a business man."

"I talk like a business woman. Same thing goes for a girl. Don't let a man get in the way. Don't let love distract you."

"But Mr. Halliday made it sound like I had to be married to be successful."

"Mr. Halliday is old fashioned. He probably believes a woman can't run a successful business on her own." I didn't want to argue and I didn't know what to say after that. I think my secretary realized that and decided to answer my first initial question. "To get a girl to like you, show her that you care."