All Alone

*Harry*

Once back in Washington, I got an apartment. Because I didn't want to be stuck with the memories of Josie at the house. Her and I were only together for roughly six months and now I was looking at divorce papers.

Her and Ryan are going to make a good couple and good parents. I said to myself as I signed the divorce papers.

Divorce papers. Never in my life did I ever think I'd end up like my parents. Make their same mistake.

The end!

No I'm just kidding 😜

I was so caught up in signing a contract that I got married without even knowing the girl. I'm such an idiot.

Quickly, I sent in the papers early the next morning then went to work having to put out an application for a new assistant.

I kept myself busy all day trying to ignore headlines in magazines about me and Josie.

I just wanted to forget all about her and the baby.

I wanted to erase every moment I called her and that baby mine.

I want to tear that part of my life up and throw it away, never to see it again nor think about it.

I stayed over hours, something I'd stop doing after marrying Josie, and stole into my secret stash of alcohol in my office.

I drank until I felt numb.

I missed the feeling.

It was comforting.

It only took me three days to fall back into my old routine. Eating an apple a morning with some coffee then drinking until I was so wasted I forgot my own name.

Work was piling up even though I was working overtime. Liza wasn't there to help me and I wasn't giving any guy or girl the time or day when they applied for her spot.

I didn't know what to think any more. I was stuck back where I started all those months ago. I had no purpose. I stopped thinking about Josie because I realized that she didn't love me as much as I thought I loved her. Maybe once she did, but she's happily together with her baby's father. As she should be.

After four weeks of suffering in my own stupidity, I got an email from my grandfather's lawyers about his inheritance and the home he left behind. I made a quick decision and was on the first flight to England.

I left a few people in charge while I took a little vacation to see my grandmother and my own father. I need my dad right now.

*****

Hours later I landed in my native land and immediately found my dad holding a sign with our last name on it. I smiled for the first time in weeks and shook my head.

My dad spotted my body coming towards him and a broad smile appeared on his old face.

We embraced and he patted my back. I noticed he had shrunk since the last time I saw him and I was now taller than him. He had also lost a few pounds and looked even older.

"Ah, my son has finally come home." His rich accent pierced my ears and I realized how much I missed my dad.

"It's good to see you." I responded. Still holding him close. Being in my father's arms gave me such comfort that I felt like a little kid again. I felt tears wanting to break through but held them back. "I missed you, dad." I choked.