Cheating On One Another

*Josie*

I got home with my dad and helped him put groceries away. We visited the hospital for a weekly check for my dad's hips then went back home. As I helped him make dinner and watch a show on a small TV, I suddenly got a call.

I went into the other room and answered my phone. It was a random number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Josie, it's me, Danielle. I was wondering if you were doing okay."

"Okay? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh ... um ... I just thought that with who Harry was caught with was making you upset."

"Upset? What are you talking about?"

"It's all over social media, Josie. Have you not heard? Oh no, do you not know?"

"Know what, Danielle?" My heart began to bear fast. I hate this girl. She's the one who once dated my Harry and told him to get plastic surgery on his ears. The witch.

"Harry cheated on you." My heart stopped. I cleared my throat and ran my hair through my loose hair.

"Danielle, you're not making any sense. What do you mean Harry's cheating on me?"

"There are pictures going viral of yours husband with some Asian chick all over social media. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it on the news tomorrow." I hung up on her. How did she get my number?

I quickly got onto Instagram and Facebook and found the evidence.

There were five pictures taken not by my husband, or the almond-eyed woman he was with.

The first displayed Harry smiling while kissing the cheek of a giggling Asian girl. He looked like he was in a club and was drunk. The second one was of him actually slamming his lips against her's, and his eyes were closed and so were hers. The third one he had her pinned against a chair. The fourth one he was laughing with her. And the fifth one, was him shirtless in the corner of the club looking drunk and angry at the paparazzi as he tried to cover up the shirtless Asian who stood scared in her braw. I threw my phone at the wall. How could he? Something's not adding up. Why would he cheat on me? He loves me. Right?

I picked up my phone and called him. It went straight to voicemail. He should be awake. I wondered why he wasn't answering. I clicked on Liza's number and thankfully she answered.

"Liza, where's Harry?"

"Harry's in a meeting, Mrs. Robinson."

"When will he be out?"

"Maybe twenty minutes." I was quiet, not knowing what to say next.

"Did you ... did you see the pictures?"

"Yes. I was there."

"And you didn't stop him?" She hung up on me.

"Joe, is everything okay?" My dad asked walking into the front room. I wiped at a tear.

"Dad," I began, "I don't know."

I showed my dad the photos and he didn't know what to make of them. He guessed that Harry was probably drunk and wasn't himself. I told my dad that he was a sleepy drunk. Not a flirty one. And he never went out to clubs. Or at least not that I know of. Harry's not that gutsy of a guy. Or at least he wasn't one to easily have fun at a night club. I lost my appetite for dinner and just sat on the couch listening to the sounds of the city that never sleeps in the dark of my dad's apartment.