Again

Past Grian

He was tired, he was busy, he was confused. But most of all, he was upset. 

Grian was upset that Taurtis didn't join today, Grian was upset that a Not-Taurtis-Person arrived on the server instead... should he try again? Maybe with a red flower instead of the yellow one he placed? But he didn't have any more red flowers… Either way, he thought to himself as he jumped down from the unfinished roof, It’s still worth a shot, right? He sighed and sluggishly dragged himself to the platform and reached for the flower-
Before he could even blink, yellow sparks came flying out of the dandelion’s petals, the sparks flew around the platform like a team of fairies flying around the summoning platform before it settled back onto the grassy floor. Soon, Grian heard some muffled yells. He dove into digging, scooping as much dirt up and throwing it aside. He didn't care how dirty he got, Grian just wanted to see Taurtis again. Once he saw the confused look on his old friend's face, Grian burst out laughing.

"H-hello," Grian managed to get out, wiping the tears from his checks, "Um, welcome to Evo!"

=========

Future Grian

He wandered around the forest, he currently had stone tools and a few pieces of pork. Not a lot of items were in Grian's possession. He wandered around a little more, eventually leading to a snowy shore. Ice coated the bank of the cold beach, and if he looked a little beyond that... A giant empire laid ahead of him

The Grian Empire! Grian excitedly told himself, eyes shining. It's almost like living in Evo! Again!

He dove into the water and greatly regretted it, the water was freezing cold, it almost felt like he was swimming in the Arctic waters, not that he's genuinely done it before. Grian didn't want to be in the water any longer so he swam towards the Empire as fast as possible, ready for a grand greeting.

==========

Mumbo

Mumbo sat on his bed, not wanting to sleep. It was well over 3am but sleep never came. He rubbed his eyes and looked out the window, he could hear faint screeches of phantoms that were after him. He knew the consequences of not sleeping for a long time... And he knew the consequences of losing Grian… he told him not to mess around with the fabric of reality! When will he learn?
Mumbo pushed himself off the bed with a sigh, leaving his red sheets a mess. He staggered over to the bookshelves of his enchanting room and watched as the magical book opened by itself. While the book spinned at a slow, steady pace, glowing, white runes came flooding out, beaconing Mumbo to come closer. The 6 foot tall man searched through the bookshelves for a book that could give him some answers to time traveling. 

Now this was ridiculous. He's gone through half of the bookshelves and it was probably past 4:30am, Mumbo sighed and glanced at the one book that was the slightest bit useful. Time Anomalies the title read. Here's the thing though, Mumbo already knew about time anomalies! He knew that time anomalies are caused by a rift in time and space so big that it was unrepairable, so big that reality has to warp into itself to reset the timeline. If he knew all that, what use would that book be?

Mumbo sighed again, "Why can't you be more helpful, enchanting room?"

The levitating book sputtered out more glowing runes, as if trying to mock or argue back at the mustached man. Mumbo rolled his eyes, I’m really going nuts, aren't I? Snatching the book from the ground, Mumbo dragged himself back into bed, he opened the book and started reading it. This book was his only hope right now, and he was desperate... Mumbo sighed and flipped to the Introduction.

"Time travel is fairly dangerous, only some people perform this ability. This magical power must only be used if necessary and has countless consequences for everyone within the timeline..."

==========
Date written:
Some time in summer? Maybe Agust 2020?

Date revised:
Oct 1, 2021